South Carolina

Here is the final product! Hoping to get my flock tomorrow and Saturday :)

Gorgeous!
love.gif

Question...and this may have already been answered but I haven't read the thread in quite a while.....is there fencing of some sort at the top of the coop and in between each roof rafter? I lost a lot of SLW pullets to raccoons getting in that way. A small 2x2 inch opening next to a rafter. Heartbreaking!
And the girls are liable to be over the fence in a heartbeat if it isn't covered. Again, sorry if this has been addressed.
And I know hubby is already wore out from it but may I suggest a window in the door? I will show him my shed tomorrow and talk with him, if he has time, about summers here with chickens. Bless his heart, I know he has already put a ton of work into this! It is lovely though!
clap.gif

Well she does not seem to have any active mites on her today so maybe the ivermectin kicked in. I have not used the other stuff yet but i have it. If I had seen more today I would have done more. I will take it day by day. I am not even sure any chicks are going to hatch. She collected 4 eggs over 3 days ... at least one of them is from my other hen. She started on a Wednesday. Do broodies take longer than the bator? I feel bad for my broody ... she was not going to abandon her eggs no matter what!
That's good that you didn't see anymore! Maybe you knocked them out. It wont take the eggs any longer with a broody than an incubator. 21 days either way
smile.png
For whatever reason eggs seem to hatch around day 19 with my broody.

Got Purina Coupons by e-mail today!!!! Buy 3 bags get $15 off and better yet there are two coupons for a total of 6 bags and $30 savings. thank you whomever posted the link to sign up

RobertH

oh and here is the link if anyone else is interested

Share the gift of Purina Difference
2122.png
Rewards Memberships with up to 5 friends and receive an additional $5 in coupons (up to $25) with your next quarterly Rewards for each friend that signs up.

Be sure to have them reference your member number when they register

http://purinamills.com/Rewards/Register/default.aspx

Member Number:
20120806-66-06384807

Last edited:
Gorgeous!
love.gif

Question...and this may have already been answered but I haven't read the thread in quite a while.....is there fencing of some sort at the top of the coop and in between each roof rafter? I lost a lot of SLW pullets to raccoons getting in that way. A small 2x2 inch opening next to a rafter. Heartbreaking!
And the girls are liable to be over the fence in a heartbeat if it isn't covered. Again, sorry if this has been addressed.
And I know hubby is already wore out from it but may I suggest a window in the door? I will show him my shed tomorrow and talk with him, if he has time, about summers here with chickens. Bless his heart, I know he has already put a ton of work into this! It is lovely though!
clap.gif
Our intention was to eventually close the fencing completely in but were hoping to not have to do it right away. I guess hubby has a project this morning. That Black square in the front is a big window although you can't tell from the picture. Thank you for the input!

Got Purina Coupons by e-mail today!!!! Buy 3 bags get $15 off and better yet there are two coupons for a total of 6 bags and $30 savings. thank you whomever posted the link to sign up

RobertH

oh and here is the link if anyone else is interested

Share the gift of Purina Difference
2122.png
Rewards Memberships with up to 5 friends and receive an additional $5 in coupons (up to $25) with your next quarterly Rewards for each friend that signs up.

Be sure to have them reference your member number when they register

http://purinamills.com/Rewards/Register/default.aspx

Member Number:
20120806-66-06384807

I feel cheated.
tongue.png
Mine was for $10 off of 3 bags. LOL

Back
Top Bottom