South Carolina

Quote: Thank you for taking all my extra eggs and hatching. It was a great hatch in your bator! I am bringing you peafowl eggs next and see what your new bator will do with them. Mine develop fine but never hatch. Open them up and they look drowned but the experts keep telling me to add more water for a higher humidity because mine is around 50%. Uh, no.
hmm.png

Terry asked me all about your new bator on the way home. Once I told him how much I thought it cost he dropped the subject! LOL We just will fill up our 3 bators and bring our extra eggs to fill up your bator so you can get all that hatching out of your system...Robert!
big_smile.png

lau.gif

But the birds love the live ones!
And these are not bad to deal with at all. They are not as clingy as caterpillars. Terry hates grasshoppers and caterpillars but will deal with these.

Meal worms? Geez! I got the meal worms. Thousands upon thousands of meal worms. Check out my webpage to see how I grow them, though I change it all the time as I get more and more and learn more about them.

http://www.westknollfarm.com/Meal-Worms.html

Holy cow you do have the meal worms - -do you ship? and I am looking forward to checking out your farm catch site on facebook!

This is one bin of many, many bins!
I usually do ship but the weather has been pretty hot and the PO is less than reliable. I just had to replace several boxes of meal worms due to the PO having them in really hot conditions. I think I am going to stop selling for the summer after I send out this last order of 10,000 tomorrow and wait til fall. I sell so much and so many that it is nice to take a few months to let my bins cycle around and give me a great big stock for fall.

This is one bin of many, many bins!
I usually do ship but the weather has been pretty hot and the PO is less than reliable. I just had to replace several boxes of meal worms due to the PO having them in really hot conditions. I think I am going to stop selling for the summer after I send out this last order of 10,000 tomorrow and wait til fall. I sell so much and so many that it is nice to take a few months to let my bins cycle around and give me a great big stock for fall.

So the ones I got from you at Chickenstock are starting to emerge from the pupae. Maybe 10-15% are beetles now. Can I start feeding some of the mealworms to my flock now that I know that they are probably reproducing? Or do I need to wait another month or so?

Quote: If you wait another month they will probably all be pupae or beetles so go ahead and feed out some mealies. The beetles are probably already laying about 30 eggs a day and in another 10 weeks you should have more mealies about the size that you got from me. And it starts all over again.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom