South Carolina

Did your chicks start out with yellow legs? I didn't take pictures of mine when they were younger, but I swear they were more yellow then and all but one are becoming dull. Nothing I'd call out right green, like on my EE's, but maybe they're on their way? I'm focusing on them for dual purpose too, but I like that they just seem naturally tamer than my other chickens. I don't spend any time trying to tame them either. I provide them with loving care, but they are not pets. Even the Delaware chicks are more relaxed than my previous hatchery chicks and the one Australorp that hatched with them. (That little bugger runs up and bites me every time I top off their food or water!)

big_smile.png
Mine are really mean I don't think. But they try to show the GLW that are 3 weeks old who's boss. HAHAHA Doesn't really work most of the time. Actually they started out very orange. There legs that is.

Actually they started out very orange. There legs that is.
Mine all started that way too. I took a picture of them today, but I realized the one with really yellow, almost orange, legs also has the most baby fluff. Might be a matter of time before it turns too. Most of their legs look like they're something between yellow and green - like the chick in the foreground.
My First SLpolish bantam hatched a day early...:fl the rest hatch. just checked atleast two more pippin
Adorable! Keep the pictures coming!

Last edited:
Did I post these already? The first is an EE and it has no comb or wattles but it has those pointy feathers around the neck. I "think" it is a girl!

This is my roo from my buff roo and white cochin/silkie mix.

This is my EE roo with a BLRW comb. Somehow all the chickens I have hatched recently have been roos!!!

My D'anver escaped today when my ds was trying to feed them. We chased him all over the yard. My lf BLRW chased him down too. I am hoping this taught him that he is NOT top rooster! He did try to take on the EE roo in the last picture but it did not go well for him.

Mine all started that way too. I took a picture of them today, but I realized the one with really yellow, almost orange, legs also has the most baby fluff. Might be a matter of time before it turns too. Most of their legs look like they're something between yellow and green - like the chick in the foreground.

Adorable! Keep the pictures coming!

That's exactly how all mine look!! Maybe they turn more yellow as they get older??
idunno.gif

My Bantam SLpolish!!!! They are tooooo cute!!!

Shipped eggs from Dick Horstman
One more is starting to hatch in the bator.
I have waited to find these eggs for a very long time and finally found them!!!

My Bantam SLpolish!!!! They are tooooo cute!!!

Shipped eggs from Dick Horstman
One more is starting to hatch in the bator.
I have waited to find these eggs for a very long time and finally found them!!!

You know I am tickled for you but I love the photos, which it seems, you forgot to show me earlier! LOL Congrats, dear friend! I am happy to share in your excitement!
jumpy.gif

And yes, Jen, this is yet another person I know! LOL There are very few around that I have not met at one time or another. Maybe a few newbies on here but I even know a few of those, too.

Oh Amy you where the first person I thought about when I was in panic mode. I didn't wanna share pics cause I knew you would see them all over the place and didn't wanna spoil it for ya! I never had chicks hatch over three days. One is pippin right now. Thanks for talking to me via facebook. I needed the comfort cause I was at work and so far from the bator!!!! Shipped egg are cool but boy I have stressed the whole way.!! LOL Amy U R the Best!!!

Back
Top Bottom