South Carolina

Anyone in the midlands area? I'm about 20 minutes outside of Columbia. I'm new to the chicken world and trying to figure out all the abbreviations. I was suppose to have one of the chickens for dinner this week and the other was suppose to go to a friend. I couldn't go through with it and of course she needed a friend so I kept both. :) So here I am on BYC and learning as much as I can as fast as I can.

Prissy on the left and Missy on the right.

This is their temporary home until we get their coop and run built. A rabbit hutch and large dog crate. Good thing the dog wasn't using it. ;)

Patrice- Mom to three two legs, three four legs and two cluckers and wife to a very patient husband. ;)
welcome-byc.gif
Our farm in the making is located in Johnston - southwest of Columbia. Welcome to chicken raising.

Anyone in the midlands area? I'm about 20 minutes outside of Columbia. I'm new to the chicken world and trying to figure out all the abbreviations. I was suppose to have one of the chickens for dinner this week and the other was suppose to go to a friend. I couldn't go through with it and of course she needed a friend so I kept both. :) So here I am on BYC and learning as much as I can as fast as I can. Prissy on the left and Missy on the right. This is their temporary home until we get their coop and run built. A rabbit hutch and large dog crate. Good thing the dog wasn't using it. ;) Patrice- Mom to three two legs, three four legs and two cluckers and wife to a very patient husband. ;)
Welcome to the world of chickens! It's quite addicting, and extremely rewarding. I love the coop and run you have set up! You could always use that as a chicken tractor and move it to different places for them to scratch around in. Oh! Beware of "chicken math". Before you know it, you will look outside and see an entire flock of chickens. You will wonder just how in the word that happened. Then you will realize that "chicken math" has gotten the better of you! :lau

Anyone in the midlands area? I'm about 20 minutes outside of Columbia. I'm new to the chicken world and trying to figure out all the abbreviations. I was suppose to have one of the chickens for dinner this week and the other was suppose to go to a friend. I couldn't go through with it and of course she needed a friend so I kept both. :) So here I am on BYC and learning as much as I can as fast as I can.

This is their temporary home until we get their coop and run built. A rabbit hutch and large dog crate. Good thing the dog wasn't using it. ;)

Patrice- Mom to three two legs, three four legs and two cluckers and wife to a very patient husband. ;)
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC. Try this thread, https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/644847/byc-glossary-index-of-abbreviations-ideas-and-suggestions We're on the east side of Columbia, near Shaw AFB.

Back
Top Bottom