South Carolina

I am working with basically good hatchery quality. I love my flock but unfortunately I still have a ways to go. This is my rooster I'm working with right now.

Your avatar is beautiful! I was looking at some from a breeder I think in NC that had good real show quality but I can't seem to find him right now, but I will keep a look out for him. I would have loved to get some but the cost is a bit hard to swallow on the good ones. I'll let you know if I can find him.
Thanks on the avatar, wish I still had her, and her sisters. I had a lot of work in them. Would the N. C. breeder be Jamie Duckworth? Pretty sure that he gets $7 per chick, straight run. He custom hatches, and he has very high quality birds. He has outcrossed to whites to increase the size and tail on his barreds. I think he has some pics on his Facebook page. I might be interested in splitting a chick order in the spring if you want?? I have a very nice cockerel that I am looking for a home for. He is from the Good Shepherd line, same as my avatar pullet. 3rd generation of my breeding.

Following... Assuming no hang ups we should be moving to Oconee County in the near future... We have kept chickens here in south florida but I know different birds are better for your winter than down here and don't want to obtain our new flock from a hatchery when we finally make the move.

I do
Thanks on the avatar, wish I still had her, and her sisters. I had a lot of work in them. Would the N. C. breeder be Jamie Duckworth? Pretty sure that he gets $7 per chick, straight run. He custom hatches, and he has very high quality birds. He has outcrossed to whites to increase the size and tail on his barreds. I think he has some pics on his Facebook page. I might be interested in splitting a chick order in the spring if you want?? I have a very nice cockerel that I am looking for a home for. He is from the Good Shepherd line, same as my avatar pullet. 3rd generation of my breeding.
i don't think that's who I saw before. $7 is not bad! I may have to look into that a bit more! Even if I just get a rooster to add to mine it would help. Part of my problem is finding good quality while keeping good production up... I'm told that a good breeder does both but I have yet to actually get one that is show quality but lays well.

I do
i don't think that's who I saw before. $7 is not bad! I may have to look into that a bit more! Even if I just get a rooster to add to mine it would help. Part of my problem is finding good quality while keeping good production up... I'm told that a good breeder does both but I have yet to actually get one that is show quality but lays well.
Mine are crossed into a line of good layers, and I consider them good birds, but they are not going to take a lot of awards on the show bench! Don't know about Jamie's as far as laying ability, but his birds are right up there with the best in the country for showing. Here is a link to his page... He also happens to be a very nice guy.... https://www.facebook.com/jamie.duckworth.503

Back
Top Bottom