South Carolina

I had mentioned earlier in the thread about building a gravity fed watering system. After the hard freezes I experienced last winter, I've decided to go with a pressurized system and taking it out of service for winter, and using individual, 3 gallon, heated waterers during the cold season.
View attachment 1336275 View attachment 1336276 View attachment 1336284 View attachment 1336287 View attachment 1336289 View attachment 1336290 View attachment 1336291
Have to admit, I like the automatic waterer, adjusting the level was a bit challenging, but it's good to go. Bowl disconnects for easy cleaning.

System Info; My water pressure seemed a bit high, so I added a pressure 40-50 psi regulator, at the tap. Goes to 5 micron, carbon RV filter (with quick disconnects, for easy changing). Then, goes to 1 micron, polycarb filter, finally out to waterer.

Last edited:
Who else is in SC ?

I need more chickens !

or maybe I should branch out into quail ?

and my Australian Shepherd is getting old, so I may need a new Aussie pup for her to train for me . . . .

Heck, I would just like to meet some Chicken folks !

I am in Lancaster, SC! New to chickens also! Hello!

Boy, I haven't checked this thread in awhile. Looks like there have been lots of new members added from the upstate area!

Anyone in the upstate have any cochin hens or pullets for sale?!

Did you ever find cochin hens or pullets? If not, check Eggwell Farms in Wellford. I know she has cochins there. I got a beautiful silver laced from her last year.

Hey y'all!!!! I'm in the Clemson area! How are y'all?
Clemson, huh? Well then, if you're a fan of the local team you may like this...
captions-making-all-of-the-difference-18-photos-17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom