South Carolina

I went to a local livestock sale yesterday. It was a decent day for the sellers. Grown guineas sold for $10-$13 each, grown chickens, either pairs or hens sold for $12-$17 each. Mallard pairs for $12 per duck and two pairs of ringed teals sold for $24 and $37 per duck! The auctioneer doesn't tell much about the birds either. If the seller has the breed written on the cage he may announce it; he may not. Its an interesting process to watch.

I wanted a nice small coop for 5 or 6 hens.... this is what I am getting. My husband got a little carried away after talking to someone at Lowes that has chickens... It's going to be fantastic (it even has a front porch) but after a very long weekend and being extremely sore today, we still have a lot of work to do before we can bring home our flock...

Hi Jen! I live in Inman also. I wanted to let you know that I ordered chicks from The Inman feed store on Asheville hwy. They order from a hatchery. If you order the beginning of the week then you get 3 day old chicks on Friday. You can order any breed & all females if you want. I ordered 2 Australorps & 2 production reds back in Oct. They are doing great and I am waiting for them to lay their first egg. Now I want to order EE's, copper marans, silkies & maybe something else. They are very addicting!

My girls have grown so quickly. I finished the coop and run,since hubby was in Calafornia all week. Can't wait for the girls to move out there.

I have two roosters but they are young. They were born January 25th(my birthday!). I am coming to Rock Hill on saturday for a swim meet. We could work something out if you are interested. PM me!
Tracie
Anyone have any cuckoo marans for sale I really need a rooster to go with my hens I live in rock hill sc

Nice framework, nice silkie, nice coop/run!

I got 5 EE hens that just began to lay from my babysitter. She got them from her neighbor who really wasn't doing too much with them but her other hens were bullying them pretty bad as they are smaller. Anyway now they are together and hopefully will grow back some feathers and put on some weight. They are blue egg layers. I'm excited as I've been wanting some.

Back
Top Bottom