South Carolina

I think I have a black snake problem too. I had an egg forming perfectly and days away from hatching and it has completely disappeared from under my broody. no signs of an invasion. it would be fun to feed it some golf balls!!

I think I have a black snake problem too. I had an egg forming perfectly and days away from hatching and it has completely disappeared from under my broody. no signs of an invasion. it would be fun to feed it some golf balls!!

lol.png
I put 1 golf ball in each nesting box. Caught another black snake the other day in one of the nesting boxes. Took in out and it had 2 golf balls in it. Never touched an egg.
lau.gif

Ha ha ha...stupid snake!

Jackie, after maybe twelve years we started finding a pile of feather here and next time a pile of feathers maybe 50 yards from the hen house. I'm thinking raccoons. I had to tighten every week spot in the coops. OK for now.

I have a friend that lives there and loves it. Her mother had a 10 acre, fenced farm with a small house that was up for sale for several years for $40,000 and it never sold. Had a creek on it and everything. She finally gave up and let the bank take it back. There is not really any place close to work, I don't think, so getting folks to move there is more difficult. Taxes are low.

I have a friend that lives there and loves it. Her mother had a 10 acre, fenced farm with a small house that was up for sale for several years for $40,000 and it never sold. Had a creek on it and everything. She finally gave up and let the bank take it back. There is not really any place close to work, I don't think, so getting folks to move there is more difficult. Taxes are low.
Dang, that's a shame - we'd be all over that today! We've been looking for some land without neighbors, but don't want to buy +50 acres. Low taxes and few people is just what we're looking for to semi-retire.

Back
Top Bottom