South Carolina

Welcome chicken73 and RR Lover!
welcome-byc.gif

Hello I live in Clinton SC I have a small flock of assorted girls (14) and 1 arrogant rooster. I started my flock last year with chicks from Murray McMurray mail ordered chicks. I was amazed that day old chicks can come Iowa and survive the trip. I only lost one chick in transit which they promptly refunded the price of the chick and they were supposed to be all girls but I got one rooster. That's OK because now I am starting an incubator with 41 fertilized eggs. I'll most likely start today or tomorrow.
  I love to let the girls out of their coop on weekends. They follow me around like dogs and are very lovable girls.
Welcome to the thread! What type of birds do you have now and what are you hatching?

Just hatched out my first cochin bantams (lavender and black). They are pretty humorous. It seems between ducks, hens, and the chicks we have an all out animal farm here, hah!

Hello I live in Clinton SC I have a small flock of assorted girls (14) and 1 arrogant rooster. I started my flock last year with chicks from Murray McMurray mail ordered chicks. I was amazed that day old chicks can come Iowa and survive the trip. I only lost one chick in transit which they promptly refunded the price of the chick and they were supposed to be all girls but I got one rooster. That's OK because now I am starting an incubator with 41 fertilized eggs. I'll most likely start today or tomorrow.
I love to let the girls out of their coop on weekends. They follow me around like dogs and are very lovable girls.
Hello and welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

I love letting my birds out and hang out in the backyard with them too.
I have ordered 10 of five different breeds of chicks and they are coming in June. We are picking up 5 BO from our feed store next week.
My goal is to keep around 15 layer birds for eggs. Right now we only have one that is laying age due to a dog attack.
I would love to see your set up if you ever get a chance to post pictures :)

Welcome to all the new folks! We're heading to Barnwell tomorrow to get ready for the Lowcountry Classic Saturday. We're bringing 2 Cream Legbars ( I was hoping to bring 3, but a not so nice hen decided to trim pullet neck feathers this week ), 1 Barnevelder, and a pair of Wyandotte Bantams! And a few Cream Legbars for friends, and hatching eggs for a drawing of course! Is anyone else going?

Welcome to all the new folks! We're heading to Barnwell tomorrow to get ready for the Lowcountry Classic Saturday. We're bringing 2 Cream Legbars ( I was hoping to bring 3, but a not so nice hen decided to trim pullet neck feathers this week ), 1 Barnevelder, and a pair of Wyandotte Bantams! And a few Cream Legbars for friends, and hatching eggs for a drawing of course! Is anyone else going?
Where in Barnwell is this event/

Well that's a good question. I ordered 16 chicks and they said 5 different breeds. I know I have at least 5 road island reds 2 youngs ones and 3older ones bought before I ordered the chicks. I think I have 2 marans, 2 domiquies(spelling) 1 Black? 1white? and maybe 2 buffs? Hopefully I can take some pics and together with the forum I can figure out what I have in my coop, besides brown egg layers and one white rooster

Back
Top Bottom