South Carolina

South Carolina Loves BLUE Eggs!
love.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

My girls and I went to the State Fair yesterday and we ended up buying 3 chicks. We couldn't resist, they were so cute! So we asked the man if they were selling them and he said yes and I said I want 3. We don't know what breed they are but we are already in love with them. Like we need more chickens.

The last one wouldn't let me get it's face.

My girls and I went to the State Fair yesterday and we ended up buying 3 chicks. We couldn't resist, they were so cute! So we asked the man if they were selling them and he said yes and I said I want 3. We don't know what breed they are but we are already in love with them. Like we need more chickens. The last one wouldn't let me get it's face.
Whaaatttt (shakily) I can buy chicks at the South Carolina State Fair...OMG......Whooooo hoooooooo !!!!!!!...... Wher, Who, When, (Whhhhhhaaaaaatttttttttt)

Whaaatttt (shakily)
I can buy chicks at the South Carolina State Fair...OMG......Whooooo hoooooooo !!!!!!!......
Wher, Who, When, (Whhhhhhaaaaaatttttttttt)

Oh yeah they have a bunch of chicks this year. The fair is in Columbia until the 19th, and if you go between 12 and 2 there is a five $ lunch admission during the weekdays.

Can anyone tell me what would make a chicken have one swollen eye? Actually all the skin around the eye. There is nothing coming out of the eye or nostrils, and no odor. She doesn't have any other symptoms except sitting in the nest all the time - even at night. When I give them some scratch feed she runs out of the hen house, and eats it like crazy! One of my quail did this in the spring, and finally died from it. None of the other quail ever got the same problem. I gave this hen a shot of Tylan 200. 1/2 CC in the leg. It made the swelling go down some, but not enough. How long should I wait until I can give her another shot?

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what would make a chicken have one swollen eye? Actually all the skin around the eye. There is nothing coming out of the eye or nostrils, and no odor. She doesn't have any other symptoms except sitting in the nest all the time - even at night. When I give them some scratch feed she runs out of the hen house, and eats it like crazy! One of my quail did this in the spring, and finally died from it. None of the other quail ever got the same problem. I gave this hen a shot of Tylan 200. 1/2 CC in the leg. It made the swelling go down some, but not enough. How long should I wait until I can give her another shot?

5-7 days is what I have read and that is in a row.

Back
Top Bottom