South Carolina

42C812EB-8887-4F9A-A68B-FE2977E0F2FF.jpeg

Attachments

• 213D45EC-7F97-442A-A6DE-F561D3F30A0D.jpeg
    213D45EC-7F97-442A-A6DE-F561D3F30A0D.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 6
Just got my new batch of RIR's, 12 cuties. I have 6 grown, 4 Buff Orpingtons and 2 RIR. One RIR rooster, but I think his new name is stir-fry since he attacks me about weekly
Welcome to the thread 30CalGal. This question includes everyone, what do you do with your excess eggs? I'm averaging 10-11 a day, between my 11 layers, and it's just my wife and I, unless the kids come to visit. I've been keeping it under control, eating them, sharing with the girls and pups, giving away, and making aged egg nog.

If we miss an egg meal or two, we start to get a backlog. I just found out our local food pantry does a fresh produce thing, a couple times a month, where we can give away vegetables and eggs. Think we're going to go this route, especially when we have excess garden vegies.

even with just 5 birds laying at this time, we have excess, (by the way I hate eggs) but the hubby and family eat them. I also have co-workers and friends that take the extras and every now and then they donate some feed for the cause.

Back
Top Bottom