South Carolina

Actually, I hate the fair. At the risk of sounding like a bad parent, when my kids were little I actually paid people to take them to the fair. I probably have not been in over 20 years. But now that I've escaped the city I'm starting to raise some small livestock, I have a renewed interest. But should you decide to go, research to see what days the livestock you're interested in will be shown. The fair lasts, I believe, 10 days. Nobody is going to take their best chickens, and leave them for 10 days. I'm going for chickens, rabbits, and Guernsey cows. I have looked for 8 months on every for sale venue I can find, for a Guernsey cow. Not even one. But there is a Guernsey showing and judging at the fair. I'm going to try to get a contact.
What kind, if any, livestock do you guys keep?

Yeah. Only chickens here, too. I would have goats 6 months ago, but online research scared me to death about fencing. Seems electric is the only thing that works. I'm running on a limited budget and just can't afford it now. But I am working toward rabbits soon.

I'd like to do some livestock trading..... Want to trade pekin hens to break up genetics and I'm searching for Australorp, orpington, dark brahma or buckeye eggs/chicks.

I will have EE, brahma and a few other options coming up this spring and plenty of pekins to trade. If anyone wants to trade birds, let's get it going.

Anyone have any fertile quail eggs? Anyone want some pekin or Light brahma over cuckoo maran eggs or chicks? Not looking for money, if you have nothing and want to get built up let me know.

Let's get some coop stuff going

I'd like to do some livestock trading..... Want to trade pekin hens to break up genetics and I'm searching for Australorp, orpington, dark brahma or buckeye eggs/chicks.

I will have EE, brahma and a few other options coming up this spring and plenty of pekins to trade. If anyone wants to trade birds, let's get it going.

So I’m currently suffering from chicken fervor(in my own words is a strong and desperate desire to own chickens again like I did in the past) relatively early compared to every year I do suffer from it.
I’m in South Carolina, West Columbia if anyone is selling or getting rid of any coops or materials to build a coop, please let me know if I could get it, thank you:)

I’m near Myrtle Beach, and looking for Olandsk dwarfs. Curious if anyone around SC has the Olandsk? Also, I have a nice 14 week old Serama pair, I’m looking to sell pretty cheap.

Attachments

• A42DF1E5-4ECF-495A-98F4-E4041EF127BD.jpeg
    A42DF1E5-4ECF-495A-98F4-E4041EF127BD.jpeg
    954.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 3DF95B63-BC70-4DB9-A6D9-36B953172CB3.jpeg
    3DF95B63-BC70-4DB9-A6D9-36B953172CB3.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 34AE19F4-B5C0-48E7-B766-18766CB5F6EB.jpeg
    34AE19F4-B5C0-48E7-B766-18766CB5F6EB.jpeg
    307.2 KB · Views: 1
@Takeylla I know your original post is a month old, but did you find some materials for a coop?

@stethomps My kids would probably go gaga over those birds. It's too bad we probably don't have room for them right now. Our small coop is currently home to our three Ancona drakes, and it will take us some time to deal with them.

Unless . . . If there's anyone in SC who would like an Ancona drake for their flock? They're a little people shy so not good pets, but they're under a year old and ready to mate. That's kind of why we need to get rid of them. Right now they're destined for our table, but I will not mind if someone wants to grab one.

@Takeylla I know your original post is a month old, but did you find some materials for a coop?

@stethomps My kids would probably go gaga over those birds. It's too bad we probably don't have room for them right now. Our small coop is currently home to our three Ancona drakes, and it will take us some time to deal with them.

Unless . . . If there's anyone in SC who would like an Ancona drake for their flock? They're a little people shy so not good pets, but they're under a year old and ready to mate. That's kind of why we need to get rid of them. Right now they're destined for our table, but I will not mind if someone wants to grab one.
I haven’t, my foster parents don’t take me anywhere

I wish I had more space too (and a pond). I’d love to have ducks again. Especially, duck eggs are becoming popular again. I did find a nice home with a little one for the Serama pair. I have a hen sitting on 8 eggs currently, and Olandsk Dwarf eggs in the incubator. I should have lots of chicks in about 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom