South Carolina

Beth, in Columbia. I have svart honas (sell eggs from these), silkies, seramas, lavender orpingtons, marans, & cream legbars. Right now I need a home for a beautiful serama chick and 2 svart hona chicks.
They are a little over a month old. I had a hen go broody and I wasn’t there to stop her. I need new blood in my svart hona pen, not chicks from same parents. Just need a good home, no money. The serama chick is best friends with one of the svart honas. ‍♀️

MAMA BIRD

This little lady decided the best place for her nest was in the bush right outside our window.
P6220001.JPG
P6230002.JPG

Any idea what kind of bird this is (daddy has a red back)?

Attachments

• P6230002.JPG
    P6230002.JPG
    551.8 KB · Views: 6
Can anyone in the Upstate adopt a sweet 16 week old light Brahma rooster. Free to a good home and I’ll even bring him to you (within a reasonable distance). Apparently Big Mama is actually Big Papa and we can’t keep him. Thanks!

Attachments

• 8F59DBEA-F515-473A-B139-E01A796125DA.jpeg
    8F59DBEA-F515-473A-B139-E01A796125DA.jpeg
    673.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi! I’m in the upstate (Mauldin). I’m an Ohio escapee as of March 2018. My family and I love it here! We have 3 children, 3 dogs, 1 snake, and 10 chickens. I’d love to make some chicken friends in the area.

Beth, in Columbia. I have svart honas (sell eggs from these), silkies, seramas, lavender orpingtons, marans, & cream legbars. Right now I need a home for a beautiful serama chick and 2 svart hona chicks.
They are a little over a month old. I had a hen go broody and I wasn’t there to stop her. I need new blood in my svart hona pen, not chicks from same parents. Just need a good home, no money. The serama chick is best friends with one of the svart honas. ‍♀️
Beth. Fairly new to BYC. Just discovered there was a SC page. New to chickens also. Started researching chicken keeping last Nov or so. Moved from Columbia to Clinton SC in Feb to a spot in the country (retired here). Bought 6 EE day olds 1st week of April. Not wanting to become a "chicken math" victim. When they start laying (IF they ever start-just hit 20 weeks so I'm trying to be patient) I'll have more than enough eggs. And I like to keep the numbers small so I can know all my wards individually and personally. Basically just pets.
However, from my earliest research I discovered Ayam Cemani. And I was instantly smitten. I believe the same general description of your Svart Hona? Please correct me if I'm wrong?
I settled on EE because, why not. Pleasant personalities, acceptable hardiness and laying frequency, reasonably attractive plumage, and why not enjoy the colorful eggs they produce.
That having been said....I am still locked in amazement at a black on black chicken. If I had seen this post in June, I would likely have gotten a speeding ticket coming back to Columbia!
Now I don't want a solo biddie to raise. But do you have any at 12 weeks or older that you would be willing to part with? No cockerals or roos. Like I said, no chicken math for me! But even an older hen who has slowed down in production. EEs will give me eggs. She's only eye candy.
Any questions, feel free to ask.

How much for the eggs? My bf has a broody hen

I have a 5 1/2 month old cockerel needing a new home (or dinner plate :) ).
He is only aggressive to me. He leaves my wife alone.

He is a beautiful Sapphire Blue Plymouth Rock (so I was told at TS).
He is in my profile picture.

I am in the upstate of SC and like to find him a new home.

Back
Top Bottom