South Carolina

That's great! I'm currently listening to the peeps of new chicks in our incubator. A couple of Amercaunas and a bunch of Easter Eggers. They actually started a day earlier than I thought, but I guessed that the two that hatched this morning were just smaller than everyone else. The first EE that hatched was HUGE. But then again all of my Golden Sexlinks and RIRs lay medium to large eggs. Extra large eggs are not unheard of in this house even though we don't do anything to force them.

Granted we have a bunch of ducks so jumbos are plentiful too. :)

And I'm sorry to hear that Takeylla! Heres to hoping you can get some chickens someday.

Berea/Travelers rest area, if anyone is or knows of someone missing a cockrel within about a week and he looks like this "sorry about the headshot, wind caught him lol!"
Anyway, he's here iv'e been calling him Billy.
Owner is encouraged to come get him, he isn't very smart. :)
20200323_151227.jpg
20200323_151415.jpg
20200323_151948.jpg

Sorry!
I have the other SC threads linked to my email so I know when someone posts on them. I seldom come in here and look to see if a new one started.
Most of you already know me from posting in SC threads already. Or from seeing I may have something for sale.

Where do you find other SC threads? I am looking to connect and network with as many chicken folks as I can.

Anyone here from the Horry county area? New to the site and to keeping chickens. Truth be told I haven’t gotten any yet as I’ve been looking into local law to make sure I can have them. (I haven’t found anything stating I can yet) I have a lot over half an acre in Conway. I wouldn’t call it a residential area but there are about 5 houses on my road with a farm across the street. I have started building a coop with the hopes of being able to own chicken/duck/turkey. I’m looking to start off slow and any information would help. Especially those from Horry county. But any help would be greatly appreciated from anyone !

Hi everyone!

I just want to introduce myself, I am a new chicken owner in Columbia but I have house/petsat chickens in the past.
I am excited to learn more and to get involved with the chicken community on this site and locally!!

IMG_20200408_182833_311.jpg

Anyways, everyone, meet my Apocalypse Chickens! They are named after the Four Henchmen of the Apocalypse: Famine (TL), Pestilence (TR), Death (BL) and Plague (BR). Yes, I know I forgot War because Pestilence and Plague are the same but they already own their names. Also, according to some of the more experienced on this site, it is nearly 100% possible that Plague is male so that will cause a change of plans.

@Tigerkity your four Horsemen look like my little Easter Egger chicks. :)

@Roli I don’t know about Horry, but I’d assume the county’s official website would have info or someone to contact. Try contacting the zoning office. Although I’d assume Horry isn’t that different from Saluda - if there’s a farm there, you’re probably ok to have some animals.

Good Afternoon!

I know this is primarily a chicken forum, but was just seeing if anyone near the Myrtle Beach area has and ducklings for sale? Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom