South Carolina

Quote:
Hey! I went with my wifey. Of course we HAD to go to the farm animal section, and they had very pretty chickens!!! I wish I had brought a cage or 2 because I would have def brought some home, lol.

Update: First chick out of the shell and stumbling around last night at 11:15....ha ha I had gone to bed after taking pain med for a shoulder injury when DH woke me up and said...why is that cheeping so loud? The little one seems to be doing well...this am I see 3 maybe 4 more pips....guess thats not bad for ebay eggs. I want to open up the bator and grab the chick but I know better...
hide.gif
I really have to wait 3 days? ACCCCCCCk and the worse part is in the back of my mind is I need to get more eggs!
lau.gif

Welcome Fowlman.. I am in Sumter!

73268_peep1.jpg
this is the first to hatch...hiding behind the egg carton not a good pic but best I can do without opening bator!

Good Morning South Carolinians!
frow.gif
Is anyone going to the Morganton, NC show in Feb.? We have started talking about it a bit on the the NC/SC swap thread if your interested??

We hope to have a BYC meet-up at the show, would be nice to finally meet fellow byc peeps.
big_smile.png

If you are attending are you bringing anything to sell?? We may bring some hutches, Lavender Orpington jouvi's, Serama's and hatching eggs.

Hey snick, congrats! Any shipped eggs are hard to hatch. You are lucky to get any babies!
I have 3 supposed to be hatching any minute but I am afraid I lost them. Started with 10 but one was broke when it got here, the other 9 sat for 18 days and when I candled I had lost 6 of those so now I am hoping the last 3 will hatch.

And I open my bator all the time. As soon as one is out of the shell I usually open the Genesis and take the shell out so I can write down who the roo was and what color the chick is. All my other eggs usually hatch but those are also homegrown and not shipped. I keep my humidity between 55 and 65%. I sometimes open the hatcher several times a day while chicks are hatching. Only when my humidity is low have I had any to shrink wrap.
I also take chicks out after 24 hours and put in a brooder. If I still have chicks hatching then they will stay in another 24 hours. I cuddle them and coo at them and they adore the snuggling like they would do under a mama hen but I can't keep them away from the heat too much so off to the barn they go. Summer is much easier because then I only have to rush out of a cool house and not out into cool air. My transport boxes are very well sealed.

foulman007
welcome-byc.gif
and welcome to our thread! Tell us about your chickens, ducks, turkeys or whatever and what you plan on doing.

Quote:
If there is anything we can do let me know, we are in (or about to be in - we are closing on house today:fl) )Spartanburg, just outside the city limits which was a criteria for our house hunt so that we could have chickens, but also outside any subdivision with restrictions - SO FRUSTRATING! I swear it must be the factory farm poultry lobby that is making it so hard (or just ignorant people) to have a few well cared for laying hens around in a responsible owners back yard. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Rachel

wee.gif
Day after hatch....6 chicks cute as can be...3 eggs still in bator with no signs of pips...but I left them in there just in case....the 6 chicks are too cute
love.gif
Now to wait and see if I have frizzles!

Quote:
Hey! I went with my wifey. Of course we HAD to go to the farm animal section, and they had very pretty chickens!!! I wish I had brought a cage or 2 because I would have def brought some home, lol.

I found it strange how to leave you have to walk through the tiny turning exit, and all the security to get in!

Back
Top Bottom