South Carolina

Quote:
No, I don't do Facebook. I tried but didn't like it.

I don't understand the question...where do I see my chickens. My website....or my back yard.
hu.gif

HELLO KIMBERLY!!! It is a small world, isn't it? LOL So what'd you get from Nadine? I've been there twice in the last couple of weeks. Glad I beat you over there, I got the cutest 2 blue frizzled silkies. : ) I also have eggs from her in the incubator. Haven't you learned to go visit chicken farms without your husband, he doesn't need to know how many you bring home. LOL

I loved the weather today, I'm so ready for springtime. Didn't get even half my work done but it was nice to be outside.

Wow, there are a lot of Spartanburg area Chicken people, how great!
smile.png
We are in the process of moving to Spartanburg just outside of city limits in a very difficult to come by non-zoned-against-chickens 2 acre lot! So I can not have any roosters, unfortunately, but am super excited to get my chickens!
celebrate.gif

Nadine, thanks so much for the coop advice - I have made my decisions and am ordering it tonight!
ya.gif

I am now thinking about populating my chicken coop with some babies (along with looking for some nice year old girls so we can get eggs right away
big_smile.png
) and was wondering if anyone has used Mypetchicken.com? They seem pretty confident they can get girls only in an order... But I am not sure if I should get the Marek vaccine or not? They probably won't have really any contact with other chickens, but what if they did some day, or I wanted to have a chicken-people-of-upstate party some day
smile.png
would I need to worry about biosecurity ? so many choices! Not to mention what kinds to get!

Thanks for any Marek's input!

Rachel

Quote:
ep.gif
I am not glad you beat me over there!

I got 2 sizzles/frizzles/not sure which they are....I forgot......but the 2 are some little curly fuzzy cute babies! and a silkie baby. I would have tried for a couple of older sizzles if I had not been getting the eye from DH!
he.gif

I TRY to leave him at home!
rant.gif
He just won't stay! He thinks he has to go with me EVERYWHERE for the first time. I am trying to talk him into finding me some of those rumpless thingys
gig.gif

Last edited:
Well then Kimberly, you must just go back without him - now that he's been with you and knows you can find your way home. LOL We should meet up over there sometime, planning a party at Amy Nadines (Shhhh....don't tell her). What did Nicole get? I know she was looking at those ducks. I see you guys have some coturnix quail, did you finally get some to hatch? Are you having better luck with your incubator?

Quote:
Nothing for Nicole yet. She is planning on going back to Amy's in April. I think she wants a friend for duck duck - She is wanting to hatch some maybe too. She isn't sure about that though!
smile.png

Oh you should have heard what he told Amy!
barnie.gif
He told her I couldn't go without him to visit people with chickens because I would have came home with the whole bed of the truck full.
ep.gif
Of course then we would have had to go back for a truckload of ducks too!
gig.gif

I am sure there was more of that conversation that I tuned out.
hmm.png
I tend to not listen sometimes
hide.gif

Of course, he does not help matters any by pointing out chickens for me, either.
roll.png

Last edited:
You guys are too funny!
ep.gif

I always have way more chicks than sense! But then, I know I am not alone in the world.
There is a lady driving down from VA this morning (6 hrs) to pick up a Guinea Pig from me. And paying $45 for it. She really wants that Guinea Pig! It is a nice show animal and DD did not want to sell it but this lady really wanted it so .........$$$

Yancy, you need to come visit your new babies and see the piggies while you are here. There are only 5 more JG eggs that haven't hatched so that means we have ....er....uh...a lot hatched out........ Okay, I counted empty shells I have pulled out so there are nine JG babies!
wee.gif
Altogether in the hatcher there are 21 chicks and those other 5 eggs need to hatch!
clap.gif

I bet when Nicole comes back over for duckies Daddy won't say no. I bet she is Daddy's Little Girl and gets what she wants! That's how it works here anyhow. She is going to love some Runner friends for Duck Duck. And he will love some quacking buddies, too.
I am sure I will have plenty of Runner eggs for you guys to put in the bator since you all know how to hatch them. I just tried once and figured it might have been the shipping. I will try again this year and hopefully have a broody duck and I know I will slip some under the Silkies.
Can you imagine the Silkies hatching those ducklies and looking at them....
ep.gif
"Baby! Your daddy was one ugly dude!"
lau.gif

Quote:
She definitely is a Daddy's Girl! She & I are alot a like, and get along great. But Daddy spoils her wayyyyyyy more than I do! She has no job and no license. She is spoiled! Daddy says "go to school and make good grades and you won't have to work." I tried to make her drive when she got her permit. Her daddy was like 'let her drive when she wants, don't force her.' Now I have a 21 year old with no license and no permit.
smack.gif
Of course now when she mentions driving, her daddy is like "your momma tried to get you to drive and get your license and you didn't"

And if she thinks Daddy will say no, Nicole will ask her Pop. Pop never says no. I think Pop is the one that spoiled her! Although Pop tries to blame me. Nicole has been asking for a cow for about 5 years. Pop tells her to find her one reasonably priced and we will get it.
ep.gif

They both look for a cow sometimes, but not on a regular basis, thank goodness!

Back
Top Bottom