South Dakota Thread!

Pics
Hi! I'm in Hot Springs, also a new chicken owner and fairly new to this blog. I have 4 Cinnamon Queens and one mystery chicken who is possibly an easter egger mix. The Queens tend to hang out together and little Popcorn is often on her own! Have fun with all your chicks!

Looks like I may have a brown leghorn cockerel 🫤. I’ll be looking for a home if it turns out so. Just posting early just in case there may be an interest. He is 6 weeks on Sunday. I’ll update in a couple weeks 😊

Attachments

• 0681AB26-BC31-4BEC-A1E1-FE5348480DBD.jpeg
    0681AB26-BC31-4BEC-A1E1-FE5348480DBD.jpeg
    700.6 KB · Views: 3
Hello! Looking to find a home for a Brown Leghorn cockerel turning 7 weeks on Sunday. I am in in the Black Hills area near Rockerville. He is a good bird so far. I backed off right away in handling him or treating him like a pet since I realized at 2-3 weeks that he may be a boy. He usually is found off by himself away from the others and has not been aggressive in any manner. He is a curious little guy, somewhat skittish, and is a little “honker.” Recently, I’ve noticed since they have been trained to go to the coop at night he seems to always be the first one on the platform by the door at dusk. Almost like he’s leading the girls to the coop. And maybe that’s too young for that but I have had a lot of time to spend with these birds.

He has been raised on fermented feed and dry non-medicated chick feed and was vaccinated for Merek’s and coccidiosis. He loves tomato, pumpkin, and spinach so far. He has had no health issues and was shipped from Meyer Hatchery. I’d like to find someone who will give him a chance because I am not able to, and I’d love to keep him if I could.

Attachments

• FBC0A013-76A0-4BE8-AAE5-0BDC92528845.jpeg
    FBC0A013-76A0-4BE8-AAE5-0BDC92528845.jpeg
    761.1 KB · Views: 2
  • B031BFEE-89AA-48A5-831B-D98DAB3B8361.jpeg
    B031BFEE-89AA-48A5-831B-D98DAB3B8361.jpeg
    1,012.7 KB · Views: 2
Hello, we are in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Planning our coop and attached run and looking for ideas, tips, advice, etc. We moved here about a year ago from central Texas.
Hello!
I would again highly recommend a modified shed as a coop, and a sturdy, walk-in, hardware cloth covered run.
How many birds are you planning on having?

Also, if there's any interest in roosters or cockerels, I have some really nice ones available right now.

Also, if there's any interest in roosters or cockerels, I have some really nice ones available right now.
We live in Brandon near Sioux Falls, the city doesn't allow rosters. When one of our pullets turned into a cockerel, my wife found a home for him on this Facebook group, Sioux Falls Chicken Tenders. We also bought three pullets from different people in that group. Many people in the group aren't from Sioux Falls so you might find it a good place to rehome cockerels or buy and sell pullets. In fact we bought two pullets from a person in Baltic and one from a person in Yankton. Since hatcheries prefer to ship large orders of chicks, some people will place a large order and sell the extras on this group.

Back
Top Bottom