South Dakota Thread!

Pics

9SpiceyChickens

Free Ranging
Jul 24, 2018
In the coop, Northern CA
I definitely don't live in South Dakota, but I decided to make this thread for SD dwellers!

How hard is it to care for chickens in winter? It sounds like it would be very difficult! That is for a Californian :lol:! My dads from South Dakota and he grew up on a farm with chickens so he's told me about it a bit.

Trying to get this thread here- https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/find-your-states-thread.270925/

I definitely don't live in South Dakota, but I decided to make this thread for SD dwellers!

How hard is it to care for chickens in winter? It sounds like it would be very difficult! That is for a Californian :lol:! My dads from South Dakota and he grew up on a farm with chickens so he's told me about it a bit.

Trying to get this thread here- https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/find-your-states-thread.270925/
Thanks for starting this, @9SpiceyChickens ! I think @CarpCharacin might be able to help get the thread moved, if that's what you're wanting (in the teensie print). 🙂

Thanks for inviting me, @ronott1 ! @Mrs. K is the only other South Dakotan I know of on BYC. I haunt the Surviving Minnesota thread, though. :gig
I live about 14 miles from SD.
Cool! DH grew up in Valley Springs, a short walk through the corn to MN. 😂 I was born in Rapid City, grew up in central FL. We live in the central Black Hills, now.

Thanks for inviting me, @ronott1 ! @Mrs. K is the only other South Dakotan I know of on BYC. I haunt the Surviving Minnesota thread, though. :gig

Cool! DH grew up in Valley Springs, a short walk through the corn to MN. 😂 I was born in Rapid City, grew up in central FL. We live in the central Black Hills, now.
Never heard of Valley Springs...I google mapped it, it’s 138 miles from me. A long walk through the corn:lol:I was in Rapid City 2 years ago for our 25th Anniversary. It was nice to see but I like MN.

Never heard of Valley Springs...I google mapped it, it’s 138 miles from me. A long walk through the corn:lol:I was in Rapid City 2 years ago for our 25th Anniversary. It was nice to see but I like MN.
Well yes, you're a little bit to the north. :lau Minnesota is beautiful and lush. The Black Hills are beautiful also, though in a much different way. Not a big fan of Rapid, but most peeps who live in the surrounding several hundred miles have been there, or at least know where it is. (There's nothing much else around here, as cities go.) We're 20 miles out, to the northwest.

My dad grew up in Rapid City! I think in the future I’d want to live in SD.

Back
Top Bottom