South Dakota Thread!

What kind of poultry do you have? Other Farm animals?
15 Chickens, I'll go youngest to oldest. 5, 4 week old, mixed breed chicks, hatched by a broody. 3, 10 week old, mixed breed chicks, hatched in incubator, 2, 10 month old pullets (1 Partridge Cochin and 1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. The BLRW is the broody that hatched the 5 chicks, she's an amazing mom)
2 mixed breed year old hens, (not sure on what mixes, but good layers) 2, 2 year old hens (1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, and 1 Black Australorp)
and 1, 2 year old rooster (Buff Brahma Bantam) who is the father of this year's 8 mixed chicks. Then I have 4 chicks in the incubator, which are my Half Shell experiments, on day 13. I will be getting rid of any cockerels, and 1 of the mixed breed hens.
Then I have 1 guinea hen, who imprinted so strongly on me that she can't live with other guineas, so she lives with my chickens and has daily cuddles.
I hatch ducks for a neighbor, and usually keep them until they can be integrated with his flock, around 6 weeks of age. They come and go.
Then I have 12 Bobwhite quail. They're fun little birds.
I also have 2 dogs, 2 ferrets, 2 rabbits, 2 hamsters, and 1 house bird (a finch).
Phew :gig

15 Chickens, I'll go youngest to oldest. 5, 4 week old, mixed breed chicks, hatched by a broody. 3, 10 week old, mixed breed chicks, hatched in incubator, 2, 10 month old pullets (1 Partridge Cochin and 1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. The BLRW is the broody that hatched the 5 chicks, she's an amazing mom)
2 mixed breed year old hens, (not sure on what mixes, but good layers) 2, 2 year old hens (1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, and 1 Black Australorp)
and 1, 2 year old rooster (Buff Brahma Bantam) who is the father of this year's 8 mixed chicks. Then I have 4 chicks in the incubator, which are my Half Shell experiments, on day 13. I will be getting rid of any cockerels, and 1 of the mixed breed hens.
Then I have 1 guinea hen, who imprinted so strongly on me that she can't live with other guineas, so she lives with my chickens and has daily cuddles.
I hatch ducks for a neighbor, and usually keep them until they can be integrated with his flock, around 6 weeks of age. They come and go.
Then I have 12 Bobwhite quail. They're fun little birds.
I also have 2 dogs, 2 ferrets, 2 rabbits, 2 hamsters, and 1 house bird (a finch).
Phew :gig
I had a feeling that you had a very full farm!

It sounds like a nice mix too

Back
Top Bottom