South Georgia/north Florida Poultry Swap

Hi y'all, We're new to chickens and near Moultrie so...we'd love to go to any swaps 'round here. We have three Buff Orpingtons (from the feed store in Nashville) that we're cutting our teeth on and we're thinking we'll want to add some "proper" chickens once we figure out what in the blazes we're doing.

Welcome to chickens. I would say before you get too far into the process - make sure your design works. We are about 45 minutes away and I would love for you to drop by and check out our coup design.

Regards,
Richard
Hi y'all, We're new to chickens and near Moultrie so...we'd love to go to any swaps 'round here. We have three Buff Orpingtons (from the feed store in Nashville) that we're cutting our teeth on and we're thinking we'll want to add some "proper" chickens once we figure out what in the blazes we're doing.

Richard, Thank you for your invite! We may take you up on it later this week. My husband, Scott, works one week on and one week off and he's doing his week on right now.

Our biggest coop concerns are adequate ventilation and shade. We are planning to build a chicken tractor with a detachable run that will be moved around by our old Ford LGT16D so keeping it light enough to be manually portable isn't a concern. We're on 4.5 acres so the 3 (for now) chickens have plenty of ground to cover.

Thanks again,
Scott & Liz

I am going to build a chicken tractor probably in the next year or so. The perfect one would be built on one of those old cotton trailers. They are about 40 ft long.... 6 tires......and a swivel tongue. What you would do is replace the floor with expanded metal and build you coops on top.

Create a quick hook up for the water....... (autowaterer in each pen)... and a quick hook up for the electricity... and you are done......

Richard, Thank you for your invite! We may take you up on it later this week. My husband, Scott, works one week on and one week off and he's doing his week on right now.

Our biggest coop concerns are adequate ventilation and shade. We are planning to build a chicken tractor with a detachable run that will be moved around by our old Ford LGT16D so keeping it light enough to be manually portable isn't a concern. We're on 4.5 acres so the 3 (for now) chickens have plenty of ground to cover.

Thanks again,
Scott & Liz

Back
Top Bottom