Coyote killed my Sweetgrass Tom

SK Farm

Hatching
Jan 20, 2024
I found the remains of my only sweetgrass Tom this morning. After all the work I put in to raise him and the sweetgrass females I planned to breed him to, it feels like a real kick in the teeth. Ever since the huge cold spell started the coyotes have been relentless in trying to get past the wire fence and my guard dog to eat as much of my poultry as possible. I can see the only option is order more Sweetgrass poults from Porters rare turkeys. It will still put my breeding plans back a year. If anyone knows of someone who has an extra Sweetgrass male in Montana/North Dakota/South Dakota/Wyoming that might be able to purchase or trade for please let me know.

I can’t make any promises.... but we are overdue for a camping/ fishing/ panning/ general fun trip to Montana.
I have a few Sweetgrass Toms also from porters - my husband may never forgive me, but we may be able to bring you an adult tom
Hatched 8/1/23
Also. I know of a lady in Idaho who may be able to help....I’m not exactly sure where she is, but, she works for patriot mobile (not an ad lol but I am sooo happy to have switched to them for my cell service!)
Idk if she has any Toms to spare but she is closer than I am (I’m in NW Or)
If you are still looking, lmk. I’ll put feelers out

Back
Top Bottom