South Texas Classic- La Grange

Quote:
Dan works for the TDVM and does the P/T testing, which you do have to have to sell or show birds but the permit from the TAHC permit is seperate from what Dan does.

The TAHC permit is only for selling birds off your property. They use to do a sampling of birds for AI but have stopped since the grant money ran out.

Bob

Thanks, Bob.
I should have read the fine print better.
smile.png

Talk to my friend he has the paper work so now all i got to do is go get it and fill it out and send it in
Thanks for the info

All Call Duck Breeders
I got a Email from Dennis, to day, he said that if we get 25 Call Ducks and 3 exhibitors in a open show he will Qualify it as a Call Duck meet, and place it on the NCBA web site, That means La Grange, and Beaumont , and he will place the results on the show reports page
We had 44 in the open show at BBC ,
I got 10

In regards to the TAHC permit for sales.....it's pretty straight forward but it takes a little time. Get the correct application, fill it out, send it and your money to the state. The state office will notify your area state inspector (different from your federal health inspector) who will then come out to your place and count your birds. He will fill out a form which he signs and then sends that to the state verifying you have reported the correct number of birds for the money you sent. When the state gets his report they will then issue you the permit if everything is in order. Takes about 10 days from the time the office gets his report for you to get your permit.

The state guy who handles my region was super easy to work with. Everything was painless....just takes a bit of time.

I enjoyed the Blue Bonnet Classic so much. I sent Marans to Fort Worth with a friend this week end due to problems with my vehicle. Hated to miss the show but things happen !!! I am looking forward to La Grange in March. Will there be another Fancy Feathers show in New Braunfels in April this year ?

Peggy

What are the chances anyone could bring along a few eggs for hatching? No permits needed for that, are there? I would have paid good money for some of the maran eggs I saw at the BBC last year and there were definitely some birds whose eggs I would have loved to hatch out. Just a thought...

Any one selling Wyandottes? I will be bring some silkie & showgirl of all colors, and Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks for sell if anyone interested.
We have polyfoam for shipping eggs too for $2 each if anyone interest in sending hatching eggs. We could meet up, this will save your the shipping. Those foams are so easy, perfect to ship small to large eggs. It's a break through for seller and buyer alike. Let's all skip that messing pack/unpack step and have a pleasant eggs transaction. Please PM me if you have question.
19329_foam_013.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi Peggy,
My son is a member of Fancy Feathers 4H and we are busy getting everything ready for the upcoming show!
smile.png

Our 4th Annual Open Show will be held April 2, 2011, 10:00 a.m. at the Comal County Fairgrounds, New Braunfels, TX
You can visit our website for more information - http://fancyfeatherstx.org/OpenChickenShow.aspx
If
you would like to receive an entry from or show catalog, just contact us http://fancyfeatherstx.org/contactus.aspx, and we will send one right over.
Hope you can make it! Amy

Back
Top Bottom