Southern CA Swap meet-up / Funday!

Quote:
I have been to two San Diego Meet-up's now as a Newbie..... Very very friendly informative silly serious creative people.
gig.gif
Highly recommend it. I missed this swap meet but it sounds bigger... larger area I guess. I don't have a chicken to my name.... LOL Working on that one. Right now I am concentrating on Guineas.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes Jfer.....I am new to chickens myself. I took an injured pullet and sue a.k.a. froggie helped me tremendously!!!! Don't be hesitant. EVERYONE is friendly and informative. That was my first one and will be there again. I am looking forward to it! All u gotta do is make the leap
big_smile.png

Gumbii, some guy came yesteday and bought your light sussex pullets. He would NOT take no for an answer. He came to get Coronations, went beserk over the light pullets and I told him, no, yours were already sold, but his son had a death grip on them and he paid double... I will have smaller ones coming along. I will see what I have, if I can tell anything by next week. Sorry.
hide.gif

perchie.girl :

Quote:
I have been to two San Diego Meet-up's now as a Newbie..... Very very friendly informative silly serious creative people.
gig.gif
Highly recommend it. I missed this swap meet but it sounds bigger... larger area I guess. I don't have a chicken to my name.... LOL Working on that one. Right now I am concentrating on Guineas.

perchie- You STILL have no chickens????
rant.gif
You MUST come to the meet on the 21st so we can fix this problem,
fl.gif
no chickens- not good!
D.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Please come get your feet wet, we are just a bunch of crazy chicken people! AND we love nothing better than to talk CHICKEN! So you will have that in common with us. AND you HAVE TO MEET JOEY and his Serama Roosters strut their stuff! Its like a carnival sideshow
tongue.png
lol.png
Here we are in this vast open space and his roos just hang out by him watching him for commands...it was SO COOL to see!
Can I write you doen for a yes???
fl.gif
hugs.gif
woot.gif

Quote:
Yes Jfer.....I am new to chickens myself. I took an injured pullet and sue a.k.a. froggie helped me tremendously!!!! Don't be hesitant. EVERYONE is friendly and informative. That was my first one and will be there again. I am looking forward to it! All u gotta do is make the leap
big_smile.png

Thank you Richard, it was my pleasure to help your hen. Will you be bringing her with--I hope---would love to see how she is doing!
love.gif

Quote:
Please come get your feet wet, we are just a bunch of crazy chicken people! AND we love nothing better than to talk CHICKEN! So you will have that in common with us. AND you HAVE TO MEET JOEY and his Serama Roosters strut their stuff! Its like a carnival sideshow
tongue.png
lol.png
Here we are in this vast open space and his roos just hang out by him watching him for commands...it was SO COOL to see!
fl.gif
hugs.gif
woot.gif

Sure ill go just need to get that day off work. Do i need to bring anything?

Quote:
tongue.png
lol.png
fl.gif
hugs.gif
woot.gif

Sure fired way to get the day off work: Call in sick, say you have the CHICKEN POX!
lau.gif

Just bring your self, a friend and yer own chickens to show off AND -----bring boxes--lots of boxes to take home some more chickens!!
woot.gif
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
gig.gif

perchie- You STILL have no chickens????
rant.gif
You MUST come to the meet on the 21st so we can fix this problem,
fl.gif
no chickens- not good!
D.gif
lau.gif

LOL.... I am still building my breed house. Unfortunately it required that I take apart the one I already had for a "rearrangement" of components. I am getting my first guinea Keets tomorrow. Yay. My first ten to be added to my next 30 coming in the mail from PeepsCA soon as she gets enough to set then get them hatched. Yes I have had guineas before.... LOL. And the only way I can brood them is at my moms house here in Santee in the Burbs.
gig.gif
So my limit will be reached very very soon. Long boring story....
lau.gif
That part of the poultry house will be finished in time to function as a grow-out pen.

So anyone have true Amauracanas coming? Or Welsummers? How about Sumatras? I am not in a position to take anything home yet but would love to connect with someone I can get chicks from later. These breeds i want good quality to the standards but not necessarily show quality. When I get the Chicken House done.

And of course I want some bantams just don't know which kind yet. What ever I get I will be happy with culls because I wont be breeding for show just for my own personal edification. Then of course eventually I will need some broodies. All in Good time.... I am a very patient person. Once I have a safe comfortable place to put them though It will be hard to hold me back. My Poultry house will be 24 x 24 and I have eighteen acres to "play" with. Hee hee.
lau.gif

Quote:

Sure fired way to get the day off work: Call in sick, say you have the CHICKEN POX!
lau.gif

Just bring your self, a friend and yer own chickens to show off AND -----bring boxes--lots of boxes to take home some more chickens!!
woot.gif
tongue.png

Good news i got the day off so im free, im going to see if my cousin wants to go, ill have to think of who i want to take.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom