Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

I am tech challenged. My reply was to someone for the Long Island area, instead it looks like a response to a date site. Also, trying to put a pic on and can't . Obviously, in not the shiniest apple in the pie!

Traveling to Clark Family Farms on Sunday to pick up our 4 hens( finally). We are adding them to the two girls we have, our new girls are 2 weeks younger than the 2 6 week old hens we have. Any advice? We are new to this. All the hens are "mild" personality and except one
Full size hens.
Got my girls from Clark Farm.....I got 5...They started to lay March 24th.....the first week lay was 16 eggs and 2nd week...21...can't wait to see what they do this week. They are healthy and hardy. I'm not a pro but willing to answer or help in any way. Those here are more experienced and will also help and advise. Good Luck with your girls and say HI to Melissa for me
Irene
smile.png

Welcome all you new peeps.
I'm the Roberta everyone warned you about.
gig.gif

I'm here, Maggie, but yes, very busy with all the chicks living in the house.
Ugh.
Don't have any trips planned, next one is the Sussex County show on May 18 in NJ.
I know you want feed bags, I have a mountain for you.

I have Doc Browns emergency kits in stock if anyone needs one.

Still feeling like crap. Rheumatologist took me off all the drugs, going back to square one. Life sucks right now.
Constant pain.
I have some birds I will be selling at the Connecticut show April 21 in Haddam Neck, CT.
Lots of cockerels. Some Silkies which I prefer to sell as pairs. A Calico pair, some blues and blacks and paint.
Some Seramas.

No Marans pullets. Must have hatched out over 100 chicks.
Got 2 girls. TWO. And the oldest is taken, I *think* Suzanne is getting the next girl... need to get with her.

Welcome all you newbies. I'm carol from east Islip.
Welcome back Roberta I missed you. Was worried. Sorry your feeling so SHIrTY.
As far as introducing new birds. You can't just throw them together. For health reasons you should keep them isolated. Then put the new kids in the coop at night after everyone is in for the night . You have to watch them the next day though. You can end up with some vey injured birds. My husband had to put six stitches in a new kids head from the dominate girl in my flock.You can also keep them in a cage / crate so the other girls can see them and become aquatinted with them then put them in at night. That's what I originally did. I now have partitions so I can divide my run. Too much info. yes I babble.

I'm a new "chick" in West Islip, Long Island. You can call me Laura
Welcome :) Laura.
gig.gif

Ugh.
Don't have any trips planned, next one is the Sussex County show on May 18 in NJ.

Still feeling like crap. Rheumatologist took me off all the drugs, going back to square one. Life sucks right now.
Constant pain.
I have some birds I will be selling at the Connecticut show April 21 in Haddam Neck, CT.
Lots of cockerels. Some Silkies which I prefer to sell as pairs. A Calico pair, some blues and blacks and paint.
Some Seramas.

Got 2 girls. TWO. And the oldest is taken, I *think* Suzanne is getting the next girl... need to get with her.
a show in CT hmmm??.....this is an enablers group....I could spend some time with my girlfriend in ct....
I hope this pain can be managed with something, I had a friend with severe RA and I hated watching the drug trials and 'testing' things out. I took her to so many different doctors to try this drug or that. I pray the bad weather today doesnt make it impossible for you to go about your day. Best Wishes
As far as introducing new birds. You can't just throw them together. For health reasons you should keep them isolated. Then put the new kids in the coop at night after everyone is in for the night . You have to watch them the next day though. You can end up with some vey injured birds. My husband had to put six stitches in a new kids head from the dominate girl in my flock.You can also keep them in a cage / crate so the other girls can see them and become aquatinted with them then put them in at night. That's what I originally did. I now have partitions so I can divide my run. Too much info. yes I babble.
Good info....Thank You, it helps plan future coops with partitions lol

gig.gif

Ugh.

Constant pain.
Some Seramas.

Roberta I hope your doc gets it all figured out for you real soon. ugh.....
hugs.gif
Feel better.

2 girls outta 100 eggs.......sounds like my kinda luck! Crap!

I have a guy who wants a couple silkie gals for the 2 little white cockerals he took off my hands in Dec. if anyone has some. He isn't looking for show quality, just girls.
gig.gif

Good grief it is storming here and loud thunder as well. High winds and I have got to drag my flag in before it goes airborne!

I am a babbler too!
lau.gif

As I understand it woman need to say 3,000 words per day as compared to the 1,000 words men need to voice.
I wonder if typing them out counts??
idunno.gif

Maggie, I do have some girls. I haven't gone thru them yet to check who's staying or going.
Looks like all the paint are boys
roll.png

I have some very pretty buff, I got them for a friend that lost her flock, she needs to see them before I can make a decision on them.
Also the partridge, 2 girls she needs to see.
A few black or blue....
It's too crappy outside to look at them, but I need to band them soon so I know what to keep and what to sell.
I'm workin' on it.
Let me know what colors would be better for him.

Back
Top Bottom