Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been off the board for a while. As usual, health issues have slowed me down. Well, enough of my problems.

Suzanne and Bobby, congratulations on your marriage. Bobby is coming out with the better end of the deal, but then again, I'm partial. Have a wonderful life together.

Maggie, congrats to you on the new grandchild. We are going to be grandparents in two months.

I know some have had less than great days, and some have had downright sad moments. My thoughts and best wishes go out to you.

I guess most of the male chicken people haven't checked in recently. Hoping they drop in to let everyone know how they are doing.

Glad to see that the thread is doing well, and even growing. Welcome to all the new friends who have come here. This has to be one of the best threads for any state or location. And, so many have really bonded here.

Have a great evening. Talk to you all soon.
Hi Al! I hope your health improves and you have a good run of it!
hugs.gif

Hey all! New to BYC, just getting back to chickens. I live in a town called Setauket, on Long Island. Got my flock of three from Maggie on Staten Island! Been about a week now, and I couldn't be happier. They have been free ranging in the yard every day, putting themselves back in the coop just at dusk for me to lock them down at night. They are the sweetest, best mannered ladies, Maggie really did a nice job raising them :)

Welcome to the thread. I live in East Islip. I started out with 3 also lol.....

Well got in another chicken run yesterday..my own version of the underground railroad. I didn't have my co-pilots in the car though. The ride home when rather smooth although there was a 10+ mile traffic back up on the Hutchinson parkway. A huge tree fell down right across the road in the opposite direction.just amazing. Ther was also a tractor trailer on the Sagticos but it must have just happened cause there wasn't a delay .
Yes Christina we do have to sit and have coffee together one day.
Christina you have to take pics and put them on here. Since I have a hell of a time doing it on this iPad.

Hey all! New to BYC, just getting back to chickens. I live in a town called Setauket, on Long Island. Got my flock of three from Maggie on Staten Island! Been about a week now, and I couldn't be happier. They have been free ranging in the yard every day, putting themselves back in the coop just at dusk for me to lock them down at night. They are the sweetest, best mannered ladies, Maggie really did a nice job raising them :)
Welcome Matt!!
welcome-byc.gif

Great group of people here and you have a lot of good neighbors.
Maggie

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been off the board for a while. As usual, health issues have slowed me down. Well, enough of my problems.

Suzanne and Bobby, congratulations on your marriage. Bobby is coming out with the better end of the deal, but then again, I'm partial. Have a wonderful life together.

Maggie, congrats to you on the new grandchild. We are going to be grandparents in two months.

I know some have had less than great days, and some have had downright sad moments. My thoughts and best wishes go out to you.

I guess most of the male chicken people haven't checked in recently. Hoping they drop in to let everyone know how they are doing.

Glad to see that the thread is doing well, and even growing. Welcome to all the new friends who have come here. This has to be one of the best threads for any state or location. And, so many have really bonded here.

Have a great evening. Talk to you all soon.
Nice to see you al!
I've been in and out a lot myself. Time to catch up.

Well got in another chicken run yesterday..my own version of the underground railroad. I didn't have my co-pilots in the car though. The ride home when rather smooth although there was a 10+ mile traffic back up on the Hutchinson parkway. A huge tree fell down right across the road in the opposite direction.just amazing. Ther was also a tractor trailer on the Sagticos but it must have just happened cause there wasn't a delay .
Yes Christina we do have to sit and have coffee together one day.
Christina you have to take pics and put them on here. Since I have a hell of a time doing it on this iPad.
Yes, pics please!
I love the name Lily.............

Welcome to BYC, Matt! Al, I am hoping that you are feeling better soon. Such a beautiful, soft gray morning today. I'm wishing everyone and their families a good day, especially with our chickens!
D.gif

Yes, pics please!
I love the name Lily.............
Welcome to all newcomers I might have missed!

Last week's visit with both Matt to pick up birds and Jeanette the next day to deliver others was fun.

I've switched up my coop and now have 5 adult silkies, 3 of which are gorgeous girls from lichick. Good grief and the 3 munchkin silkies she brought for my girlfriend here were adorable. I am getting such an urge .......but am behaving myself really. No brooders have gone up.
gig.gif
yet....................

The added Cream Legbar has really turned into a treat! Such a curious, friendly and bold little girl at 5 weeks o;ld and already outside living like an adult. She just made herself right at home and hangs out with my broody silkie of all things. She comes running when she sees me and loves sitting like a parrot on my hand or arm.

My broody snow cone now sits on some mighty big eggs . Swedish Flower Hens and a couple of Basque. The more I learn about these breeds it is no wonder they are quick becoming favorites. Like little ninjas they are creeping into new places.
lau.gif
I can't wait to see them hatch out. I actually grabbed up 3 eggs yesterday and candled them. It appears all 3 are developing at day 4! I hope the rest are doing as well.

As always it is a lot of fun seeing other list members and making new friends. I don't get to do it very often because I live really far from most everyone on here. It really gives me a lot to look forward to each day. Takes me away from my "real world" of every day cares and concerns, and allows me if even for a short while to escape into a place I really enjoy.

I can especially appreciate you all after this trying, roller coaster of a year. I feel like I am finally clearing the dense and sad fog in my head and finding some joy again. Go figure.....chickens. They for some reason keep coming back to lift me up in one way or another.

Thanks peoples. I can always count on you to raise my spirits.

Warmest wishes to you all............
hugs.gif

Maggie

Back
Top Bottom