Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Hi Maggie, I'm sending you a PM. Tina
Welcome to all newcomers I might have missed!

Last week's visit with both Matt to pick up birds and Jeanette the next day to deliver others was fun.

I've switched up my coop and now have 5 adult silkies, 3 of which are gorgeous girls from lichick. Good grief and the 3 munchkin silkies she brought for my girlfriend here were adorable. I am getting such an urge .......but am behaving myself really. No brooders have gone up.
gig.gif
yet....................

The added Cream Legbar has really turned into a treat! Such a curious, friendly and bold little girl at 5 weeks o;ld and already outside living like an adult. She just made herself right at home and hangs out with my broody silkie of all things. She comes running when she sees me and loves sitting like a parrot on my hand or arm.

My broody snow cone now sits on some mighty big eggs . Swedish Flower Hens and a couple of Basque. The more I learn about these breeds it is no wonder they are quick becoming favorites. Like little ninjas they are creeping into new places.
lau.gif
I can't wait to see them hatch out. I actually grabbed up 3 eggs yesterday and candled them. It appears all 3 are developing at day 4! I hope the rest are doing as well.

As always it is a lot of fun seeing other list members and making new friends. I don't get to do it very often because I live really far from most everyone on here. It really gives me a lot to look forward to each day. Takes me away from my "real world" of every day cares and concerns, and allows me if even for a short while to escape into a place I really enjoy.

I can especially appreciate you all after this trying, roller coaster of a year. I feel like I am finally clearing the dense and sad fog in my head and finding some joy again. Go figure.....chickens. They for some reason keep coming back to lift me up in one way or another.

Thanks peoples. I can always count on you to raise my spirits.

Warmest wishes to you all............
hugs.gif

Maggie

Day 21nothing yet. So exciting and yet so stressful.i really hope I get at least one Arucana out of this. One female that is. If they go the way of the polish I hatched 7 for7 Roos. Wish they were sex linked so I could tell right away.
My 2 white silkies I got at the conference in Jan. are just adorable. They don't leave each others side. Can't see for shiRt though.

Hi Matt.  I'm Ginger in Centereach.  I'm new to BYC also, don't have any chickens yet.  I noticed your coop in your avatar.  It's very nice.  Did you build it yourself or buy it some place local?  My husband and I don't work nicely together, so building is out of the question for us, so I'm hoping to find/be able to afford a coop pre-made and close by.
Enjoy your girls!

Morning Ginger, I just checked Craigslist. Someone is selling a coop and giving away the chickens for $200. Looks pretty nice. In my world everything is negotiable offer him a $150. just do not go there alone.
I use a little tykes log cabin as a second coop. There is one on there in Suffolk for $100 .i put in roosts and plan on adding a door for the winter. I already have a run though.
Check out that one coop it has a run built on.

Day 21nothing yet. So exciting and yet so stressful.i really hope I get at least one Arucana out of this. One female that is. If they go the way of the polish I hatched 7 for7 Roos. Wish they were sex linked so I could tell right away.
My 2 white silkies I got at the conference in Jan. are just adorable. They don't leave each others side. Can't see for shiRt though.
Too funny. Silkies can't see for ShIrT is right.
ep.gif
They are like little, mythical, make believe creatures. They do cast spells.
lol.png
I really believe they do.

What little fuzzies were on a Star Treck episode years ago??? I can't remember the name???

Ohhh Carol......
fl.gif
my wish for you are many hens.

Too funny. Silkies can't see for ShIrT is right.
ep.gif
They are like little, mythical, make believe creatures. They do cast spells.
lol.png
I really believe they do.

What little fuzzies were on a Star Treck episode years ago??? I can't remember the name???
lau.gif
Tribbles!!

My silkies are part time inside dwellers until the weather gets better. I bring them outside during the day, and back in at night. Last night as I collected them, the three silkies just mill about until I pick them up and put them in their tub, the showgirl is a little half boiled, and ran in circles, wings flapping... right into my leg. My sons who were outside to watch the round up were on the floor laughing.

I do adore them.

lau.gif
Tribbles!!

My silkies are part time inside dwellers until the weather gets better. I bring them outside during the day, and back in at night. Last night as I collected them, the three silkies just mill about until I pick them up and put them in their tub, the showgirl is a little half boiled, and ran in circles, wings flapping... right into my leg. My sons who were outside to watch the round up were on the floor laughing.

I do adore them.
YES! Tribbles!! I am naming 1 of mine Tribbles......lolol.
Good memory rosie.
Now what was the main gremlin called in the movie Gremlins?

Back
Top Bottom