Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

I needs opinions. My youngest son (6) is hatching chicken eggs in class. mother nature willing-they will hatch in another 2 weeks, with as few tragedies as possible.

This morning, my son was cuddling with one of the chickens and asked if he could ask the teacher if we could bring in a chicken for his class to see. The class is very well behaved, and they have already had visits from kittens and a guide dog puppy, and behaved wonderfully.

If I make sure everyone washes their hands, do you think it's a good idea? My son would feel so special if he had a "Show and tell" and if it was something relevant to their chicken lesson, I like the idea. Plus, some of these girls LOVE attention, so it wouldn't be so stressful.

What thinks you all?

Thanks!
big_smile.png

It's not a template though, they are hand drawn and designed by me. I take the one design and change it to be different colors to try and suit different tastes.

I needs opinions. My youngest son (6) is hatching chicken eggs in class. mother nature willing-they will hatch in another 2 weeks, with as few tragedies as possible.

This morning, my son was cuddling with one of the chickens and asked if he could ask the teacher if we could bring in a chicken for his class to see. The class is very well behaved, and they have already had visits from kittens and a guide dog puppy, and behaved wonderfully.

If I make sure everyone washes their hands, do you think it's a good idea? My son would feel so special if he had a "Show and tell" and if it was something relevant to their chicken lesson, I like the idea. Plus, some of these girls LOVE attention, so it wouldn't be so stressful.

What thinks you all?
I've always wanted to bring my hens to a class. I think it's a great idea. The only obstacle I can see is if the school says no. I also wouldn't let the kids actually hold her, just pet her in case the hen makes a fuss, they can scratch pretty badly as I'm sure we all know. That's my opinion anyway.

Morning, all!
I just was over in the Silkie thread, and invited a new peep from Poughkeepsie to join us, hope she comes over.
Welcome littlecritters.

Good morning!
Overcast down here and rained buckets last note. Hoping for a reprieve today as the run is STINKY for sure.Robins are hunting worms with unusual success today.

Would anyone on the list like a bunny? I have a healthy, un-neutered female 18 months old. Small sized and named Elizabeth. I rescued her a few months ago from Craig's list and she needs a good home. I waited till after Easter to offer her because of the obvious.
She has been checked by my vet tech buddy, nails trimmed and her teeth are perfect. Nice attitude, knows her name and sits and watches tv with my men. Dog friendly as well. She is curious, adorabe and kinda colored like a Siamese cat. Supposed to be a dwarf bunny but I really wouldn't know for sure.
You would need to provide your own cage or set up for her. She has been raised indoors entirely so please keep that in mind.
Pictures upon request!
Thanks, Maggie

Good morning everyone! It's pouring rain, but they said it might clear up later. I hope so-too much to do for this weekends trip!

Rise and shine everyone!!!:)

Rain rain thunderstorms all week. I'm not complaining tho,
my sister lives in Tucson AZ and asked if I wanted to switch
NO WAY. It's 106 today there. I don't get why she lives in a
desert.

I've always wanted to bring my hens to a class. I think it's a great idea. The only obstacle I can see is if the school says no. I also wouldn't let the kids actually hold her, just pet her in case the hen makes a fuss, they can scratch pretty badly as I'm sure we all know. That's my opinion anyway.
I brought some chickens to the pre-school for a trunk or treat event and it was great. Not all of them wanted to pet the chickens, just some, and I was the one holding them the whole time. Bring hand sanitizer.

Hey everyone! Just put the silkie and the cochin roo back with the flock... IT WAS SOOO CUTE! The older girls came over to investigate, and the little cochin got all big and ran them off xD

Back
Top Bottom