Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

I just brought my girls inside. I can't wait until I have the roof done on the pen so they can stay out. Dingbats chose to sit in the rain for awhile today too.
roll.png

I'm so paranoid, just thinking about it. My friend is watching them for me when I go away, I know I'm going to drive her bananas checking on them. Good thing she loves me and all my pets.

You would be surprised... when I had the other ones they fought all day long and I had 3 more hens then (only 19 hens at the moment... 3 juvenile pullets, 3 unknown chicks). Besides, can you see a little banty trying to wing dance my 8 lb brahma hens??? lol. Might be worth it just to see.

Youtube!!

The one on the left is Lavinia.

Had a loud, long day. My observation went well. After school, I worked for 3 hours, went to a meeting, did some food shopping, came home, unpacked and dosed the kitties. Popped in to check on the girls and leave a head of lettuce for their breakfast. At long last, I'm lying in bed taking it easy...

Day from Hell.2 tomorrow. School, 2 hours of professional development, then tutoring for 2 hours. Then it's lockdown time.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this weekend! Thank God it's raining. I don't have time to water the lawn...
th.gif

Ho ho ho, says Baby Chipmunk. I might be small but I am from Lawngisland, baby so don't mess with me unless you're ready to fight.

He could take down Velmer easy.

You comin' at me bro?!

:lol:

Ho ho ho, says Baby Chipmunk. I might be small but I am from Lawngisland, baby so don't mess with me unless you're ready to fight.
He could take down Velmer easy.
You comin' at me bro?!
lol.png

I really wish I could. As it is, I think I have at least 4 roosters among the youngsters and I did just get rid of those two adult terrorists that were chasing my DD around the yard every day. Poor kid was terrified to go out to play. This next batch is probably destined for freezer camp (unless any of you want a rooster?
roll.png
). It really would be cute to have a tiny rooster in with those big hens. It would make for some fun perspective photos. DD would probably wear his feathers off from carrying him around, as it is everytime I look outside she has Velmer under her arm and he has to be about 1/2 her weight. Thank goodness he is a big moosh with people. His brother, Henry, used to attack strangers. He went after the Fed Ex guy once. Henry was coming up the deck steps after the guy had placed the package on the porch so the guy vaulted over the side of the deck and did the garden run obstacle course to get back to his truck. Now they make me pick up my stuff at the office.
hide.gif
I felt bad for the guy, but it was pretty funny. The neighbors kids were in tears watching the scene unfold.

I hear those little bantams can get quite fiesty though.

Last edited:
I really wish I could. As it is, I think I have at least 4 roosters among the youngsters and I did just get rid of those two adult terrorists that were chasing my DD around the yard every day. Poor kid was terrified to go out to play. This next batch is probably destined for freezer camp (unless any of you want a rooster?
roll.png
). It really would be cute to have a tiny rooster in with those big hens. It would make for some fun perspective photos. DD would probably wear his feathers off from carrying him around, as it is everytime I look outside she has Velmer under her arm and he has to be about 1/2 her weight. Thank goodness he is a big moosh with people. His brother, Henry, used to attack strangers. He went after the Fed Ex guy once. Henry was coming up the deck steps after the guy had placed the package on the porch so the guy vaulted over the side of the deck and did the garden run obstacle course to get back to his truck. Now they make me pick up my stuff at the office.
hide.gif
I felt bad for the guy, but it was pretty funny. The neighbors kids were in tears watching the scene unfold.

I hear those little bantams can get quite fiesty though.
gig.gif

Awesome. Lord I wish I could have a rooster!! A tiny rooster with big hens reminds me of Dudley Moore and the VERY tall models he used to date. The whole napolean complex-those little guys are tough!!

Back
Top Bottom