Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

See what hatches out for you and then you can decide who you are keeping. I will give some a good home for you though, I might be able to take as many as 5 (then I start running out of coop). If those legbars hatch out I will build a breeding pen for them. Do you think they are related though? I suppose I can look for some unrelated birds to add in.
Don't you want a cockerel bantam pullet, Christine? He is sooooo cute! :) I'll even come drop him off and we can take the kids to space farms. Or you can come to the Bronx zoo with us, either way.

Don't you want a cockerel bantam pullet, Christine? He is sooooo cute! :) I'll even come drop him off and we can take the kids to space farms. Or you can come to the Bronx zoo with us, either way.
I have always wanted a bantam rooster, but I would have to build a set up for bantams since my brahma rooster might take offense and hurt little chip.

For what it is worth, Fred adores the little roosters.. He protects them from the dom hens and everything =] And they are all together..... For what it is worth
wink.png

Probably only until they start to mount his hens... Then everything will probably change lol...
That is the problem. Velmer is keeping my current young ones safe now as well, but he will be the first to stick a spur in them when they get old enough to challenge him. He is a very gentle (as roosters go) with people. He lets my DD pick him up and pet him and eats out of her hand, but another rooster would be a whole different story.

.... You only have 1 rooster to like 36 hens correct? If so I dont think it will be THAT big of a problem... I would think that would eb enough to go around... HECK that would be more than enough for me to split with another dude
lau.gif

I am getting from MPC (girls) may 30th
White Cochin, buff orp, partridge rock, silver laced Wyandotte,
Welsummer, A rare marans (hatchery choice)
I have 4 bbs orps, 4 wheaten/blue wheaten Ameraucana
I'm keeping one of each of those
I have incubating
3 cream legbar eggs due in a few days.
I hope I get a boy and a girl. If I do I don't need to keep one
I'll just get some eggs from you next spring.
I also have 2 molted java and 1 Appen spitz eggs due at the
same time (I cooked the rest of those eggs so not sure
What I'll get outa this batch)
Golden cuckoo marans and Barnevelder due June 1st
Welsummer due June 6
I don't want money, I just want a good home for them.

Since I am building a coop (and almost complete) I'd be willing and able to give 1 roo and up to 8 extra girls you may have a kind, caring home in the Catskills. As I am nearly broke and my gf just recently lost her job I can't even offer to pay shipping. If I can help by taking some, let me know.

Last edited:
Agreed! I can't stand coons, but my husband is going to borrow a hav-a-heart raccoon trap to relocate the ones in our yard. I have a list of deserving people...

(Kidding-we'll take them to the pine barrens.) BUT-if one were to be around my house, active in daylight, I do admit, I'd be VERY able to kill it. Raccoons around here have been found with rabies. I'd feel no remorse for that-threaten my family's health, and all bets are off.

The DEC does not allow you to relocate wildlife without a permit so be discreet about your capture and release of wildlife. I know because when I moved where I am now I had a red squirrel infestation. The previous owner liked to feed the local wildlife shelled peanuts by just leaving piles of them around. The house was over-run with red squirrels.

Long story short, it would've made the DEC happier if I shot red squirrels instead of trapping and relocating them.

Last edited:
.... You only have 1 rooster to like 36 hens correct? If so I dont think it will be THAT big of a problem... I would think that would eb enough to go around... HECK that would be more than enough for me to split with another dude
lau.gif
You would be surprised... when I had the other ones they fought all day long and I had 3 more hens then (only 19 hens at the moment... 3 juvenile pullets, 3 unknown chicks). Besides, can you see a little banty trying to wing dance my 8 lb brahma hens??? lol. Might be worth it just to see.

Back
Top Bottom