Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Well here is a video of COMPLETE ADORABLENESS!

And here are some pics of our new rooster "Pinnochio"

Oh that video was SO CUTE!!! Pinocchio looks rather put out by the whole thing, my kids loved it when he crowed in her arms. Really sweet! That is one gorgeous little girl, and I love the roo. Thanks for sharing them with us!

quiete welcome! She is gorgeous isnt she =]
She is!!
love.gif

poor kid LOL just kidding its cool you can laugh about it.... Im jelous. My dad thinks talking to a girl is a sin
lau.gif

My kids actually think I'm pretty cool, and their friends do too. I'm friends with my kids friends on facebook. They're all like my own. I'm a broody hen hatching other chickens eggs.
gig.gif

We all have a good sense of humor around here. We pick at each other constantly, so we all can laugh when being tortured.

Caleb, here's the thing about parents. We try to hold off our kids getting hurt/maturing as long as possible. We kinda know it's gonna happen eventually, but we try to stop it. I pat myself on the back for getting Laura to 16 before she started smoking, and 18 for drinking. The thing is this: the later you start, the more intelligent you are about it. She eventually quit smoking because it didn't make sense for her, and she made the decision that she's just not a drinker. I mean, she'll have one or two on occasion, but really doesn't like it much. Because she got past the age of "ooo I need to act cool", she was able to use her head. Dating too. Her boyfriend moved in with her (here) when she was 18, then she kicked him out because he wasn't mature enough for her. Don't know where the kid gets it. Not from me, certainly. I made all the stupid mistakes when I was young.

And Rosie: her friends are all my facebook friends too. I was always the coolest mom on the block. I think it started with the Silly String fights at her birthday parties. I used to let the kids trash the yard with silly string. I'd buy cases of it!

I grew up in a big family that picked on each other a lot. You learn to laugh at yourself, which I think is a crucial life skill. I wish my students would learn it!

Last edited:
Yeah I understand why my dad does it... doesnt make it any less funny to me and mymom lol and yeah I can laugh at my self about anything pretty much.. Even when it isnt very laughable! lol... My dad doesnt really know what i do at all xD

Caleb, here's the thing about parents. We try to hold off our kids getting hurt/maturing as long as possible. We kinda know it's gonna happen eventually, but we try to stop it. I pat myself on the back for getting Laura to 16 before she started smoking, and 18 for drinking. The thing is this: the later you start, the more intelligent you are about it. She eventually quit smoking because it didn't make sense for her, and she made the decision that she's just not a drinker. I mean, she'll have one or two on occasion, but really doesn't like it much. Because she got past the age of "ooo I need to act cool", she was able to use her head. Dating too. Her boyfriend moved in with her (here) when she was 18, then she kicked him out because he wasn't mature enough for her. Don't know where the kid gets it. Not from me, certainly. I made all the stupid mistakes when I was young.

And Rosie: her friends are all my facebook friends too. I was always the coolest mom on the block. I think it started with the Silly String fights at her birthday parties. I used to let the kids trash the yard with silly string. I'd buy cases of it!

I grew up in a big family that picked on each other a lot. You learn to laugh at yourself, which I think is a crucial life skill. I wish my students would learn it!
I love being mom first but buddies a close second with my kids. I hear everything about everyone, and sometimes I have to try not to listen. I love when all the kids are here, eating my food, and chatting around the table. I find out what's going on, and I can sleep at night knowing what they are NOT doing.

Having met the adorable Mariah, I can testify to her adorableness. But seeing her with the rooster is beyond adorable! Caleb, it's great to see you and your brother being so awesome with her. What a fantastic family you are part of!
hugs.gif
You made my day...

Pass along some hugs to your mom and sister for me. And your brother too though he's never met me.

Having met the adorable Mariah, I can testify to her adorableness. But seeing her with the rooster is beyond adorable! Caleb, it's great to see you and your brother being so awesome with her. What a fantastic family you are part of!
hugs.gif
You made my day...

Pass along some hugs to your mom and sister for me. And your brother too though he's never met me.
thanks! yeah me and my brother are going to be sooo bad when she starts to get interest in boys... LOL we think my dad is bad about us LOL... I will =]

I love being mom first but buddies a close second with my kids. I hear everything about everyone, and sometimes I have to try not to listen. I love when all the kids are here, eating my food, and chatting around the table. I find out what's going on, and I can sleep at night knowing what they are NOT doing.
Lol yeah now that I am getting older, me and my mom joke around more. I think it has to do with what suzanne said but also that she realizing now that I am maturing and am going to do what I am going to do so why not have fun with it xD

Back
Top Bottom