Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

2 1/2 hrs left of work then off to West Springfield for the congress!

Hopefully there are still some fertile eggs for sale. Looking to pick up some araucana/ameraucana eggs and some white egg layer eggs (leghorn) to add white and blue to my egg mix. :eek:)

Had my homemade "styrobator" running for three days straight as a trial and managed to keep temps between 99.9 and 100.4 degrees with humidity ranging from 42-46% without using a wick for more surface area.

Hi all,
Welcome Lissa. You're going to love it here
Loved the Congress. I came home with 2 white silkie girls about 2 months old . They partied in the hotel room like it was 1999. A real bunch of rock stars.
Lorretta bought 2 rose comb rhode island red bantams. They are beautiful.
Met a bunch of great people . We definitely turned a new chicken person. The host of the hotel restaurant, Leroy. I promised to bring him eggs next year.
Got stuck in the hotel elevator between floors. A young boy in the elevator with us was very nervous. Had a happy ending though.
Went to a tractor supply before we headed to the ferry.
The show was just amazing wall to wall birds.
Rob sorry we didn't get to meet. hope you found something nice.

Thanks QC16....Made it up to the show at around 10:45 This morning. I couldn't believe how many chicken where there. My kids and I loved it!

Unfortunately by the time I got there it was slim pickings as far as birds/eggs for sale. I decided to hold off for what I really wanted.....hatching eggs of the blue and white kind. :eek:)

Checking out the hatcheries now for the araucana/ameraucana and white leghorn hatching eggs.

Overall, I had a really good time besides being sleep deprived. It was worth it. Hope everyone who made it got what they wanted.

Thanks QC16....Made it up to the show at around 10:45 This morning. I couldn't believe how many chicken where there. My kids and I loved it!

Unfortunately by the time I got there it was slim pickings as far as birds/eggs for sale. I decided to hold off for what I really wanted.....hatching eggs of the blue and white kind. :eek:)

Checking out the hatcheries now for the araucana/ameraucana and white leghorn hatching eggs.

Overall, I had a really good time besides being sleep deprived. It was worth it. Hope everyone who made it got what they wanted.

You could also check the Buy, Sell, Trade forum here on BYC. You may find want you are looking for right here.

Morning all,
I got a call while I was away from Ideal hatchery that the chicks I ordered are now available. I have until today at 5 to let them know if I want them. I ordered Russian Orloffs, Brabanters, Salmon Favs. And Speckled Sussex all females , vaccinated for Mareks I ordered 2 of each.i can ask if I can add to my order if anyone wants something. I don't know if they will let me but it's worth a try. They will just dump a bunch of boys in the box anyway. Let me know. But you have to take them,cause I am going to be in the "coop" for ordering these.
Robert weren't the Araucanas outrageous? That the reason I got into this in the first place. I really would like 2 of them someday. I'd take even one.

Morning all,
I got a call while I was away from Ideal hatchery that the chicks I ordered are now available. I have until today at 5 to let them know if I want them. I ordered Russian Orloffs, Brabanters, Salmon Favs. And Speckled Sussex all females , vaccinated for Mareks I ordered 2 of each.i can ask if I can add to my order if anyone wants something. I don't know if they will let me but it's worth a try. They will just dump a bunch of boys in the box anyway. Let me know. But you have to take them,cause I am going to be in the "coop" for ordering these.
Robert weren't the Araucanas outrageous? That the reason I got into this in the first place. I really would like 2 of them someday. I'd take even one.

Back
Top Bottom