Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Or cheating guy

Or http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pecker Recker But not what I originally meant!! Good for a laugh though.
big_smile.png
Especially for the use of the word "chick"

Last edited:
neat product. Hanging a cabbage keeps them pretty busy as well (doesn't have the beak dulling stones or calcium though).
I have hung cabbage, ears of corn, you name it! They are insatiable and attack it immediately. They also don't care much for flock block I've either bought or made. Best solution really is to downsize to 3-4 hens, but it's hard when you've raised them from chicks..

Are you guys watching Westminster dog
Show? Not that my puppy is ever that groomed & fluffy but its nice to dream!

I have a good friend whose (grammar;where is my son when u need him)son is a judge for several breeds. The current chairman is retiring and is going to nominate him for the position.

I used the basics of the Reverse Wichita for the run. Purchased the coop because I needed to roll the coop up and around and down in the backyard. BTW, I am a 60 year old woman and carried all the wood and cut every piece of lumbar with a jig saw, used clamps to hold pieces in place of another set of hands. My husband is not the handy-type. LOL
It is beautiful. When you are ready I need a new garage..LOL

Welcome to our crazy family. I was only joking with you so please don't take it the wrong way. I just cant pass up a line like that.
Welcome .
No worries! I regularly contribute to the upstate thread. I'm sort of a cousin to you guys, so I lurk, just to keep up with what the family is doing.
I thought it was funny, Which is why I added the other definition-"a chick with braces". I thought that was funny as well because of our affiliation with chickens.The image that had come to my mind was a tee shirt with a head shot of a chick(en) that has braces with pecker recker under it. Who is the woman on this thread that does the funny computer art? Howlin good?or somebody else? Anyway, I thought the whole thing was comical!!

Welcome all of you newbies!
I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up on the thread, but this storm has kicked my butt.
I may be more talkative after all this white crap is all gone.
And boy, have I been in alot of pain lately. Take a pill, shovel, take a pill.
I might be able to get out of the back door of the run to finally assess the damage to my "big top".
But I really should just stay in bed.
A womans work is never done.

Roberta aka stoopid

I have been shoveling out for the past 3 days.
Have an appointment with my chiro, but the roads still suck so bad I'm going to cancel.

I'm under 100 lbs of food need to get to Agway STAT.
Tried to go yesterday, I figured I would do a short trip, come home, feed the baby parrots, and get to Riverhead.
NOPE. Got out of the driveway, dealt with all the other morons buying milk and bread, and for the hour or so I was gone, my driveway had started to melt with the rain.
Made it about 10 feet in, and got stuck. I NEVER GET STUCK. MY CAR IS THE BEST!
Got out, shovel and bucket in hand, found the frozen pile of roadbase under the thigh deep snow, and filled in the holes.
Made it about another 10 feet now I'm flipping out.
I have seen the tow hook on the BACK of my car, but never the front.
Lying on my back, in the wet snow.... can't see it. Even the repair manual shows it on the bottom of the frame rail.
I give up, I'll just put my snow tires on in the middle of the driveway.
Open up the tool kit, there's a screw in tow hook. Now to find the hole.
Behind a plastic grille. Screw, screw, screw it's not going in. LEFT HAND thread! gaaaaahhhhh!!!!
Went and got my plow truck, and pulled it up the driveway as far as it would go.
Now put on the snow tires. Car still won't move.
Shovel and roadbase some more, got it into the garage.
Called hubby to inform him that his plow job is now destroyed, and if he didn't want it to freeze that way, he had better come home and re-plow it.
PS can't take the plow truck to the store, as he was plowing, the cheapass Autozone brake pads rotted the locating pins that hold them to the caliper.
He found one brake pad in the driveway. NO BRAKES!
Still haven't gotten mail since Friday, no garbage pickup, when I run out of booze, LOOK OUT!
My poor birds are freaking out, the runs are coming apart and hawk netting is all collapsed.
I cleaned the coops the other day. Have no place to put the poop.
It's getting nasty here. I just threw it onto the lawn. If I ever see that again.
And now I hear that roofs are caving in at the mall, a home in Selden collapsed.
AND... when my roof starts to melt, thanks to my "starter" gutters, my basement floods.

I hate snow.
tongue.gif

Ack.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom