Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

I moved the two newly hatched outside this weekend. I tried to sneak them in with Heather's girl but it didn't work and she ended up pecking the little black one more and more until she was chasing it around. I removed her and took the nesting box she liked out. I am hoping she broke her broody behavior in those few days and she started roosting again. Today I was doing chicken cleaning and restocking food etc..and I decided to put that box back in the coop
fl.gif
The little ones are keeping everyone cracking up laughing. My husband gave them a box....they play fort and love to just play in the hay etc. It is really cute. I noticed the big girls run over to check them out as soon as the little chicks make noise. I am ordering more eggs ...family pressure.
big_smile.png
lau.gif

I had a guy call me from The Wall Street Journal in Boston.
He's doing a story about small flocks and the lack of knowledgeable vet care.
It seems I had too many chickens, and knew too much for his story
gig.gif

But if you have nothing to do, give him a call and chat, he seemed nice.
Jon Kamp, 617-654-6728
[email protected]

Good luck rehoming roosters. Lately all of mine wind up becoming dinner.
But all I need is ONE jerk to complain, and I already have one neighbor on the edge.

On a more personal note, my central A/C unit just fried. ONE month after the 10-year warranty expired.
It seems the installer did me a favor and put the in-service date as the date he STARTED the job, not when it was finished.
Ugh. On the phone forever yesterday with Trane. They sound like they will cover it.
Of course it's the biggest and most expensive unit they had available back then.
Now to see how long it will take to special order a replacement.
I hope it stays cool for the next few weeks.
Ugh, everything is getting mushy with the humidity and the windows open.
I spit out my cereal yesterday
sickbyc.gif
Thanks for the info. Just got back from Oregon and will email Jon Kamp. We are subscribers to the WSJ, so this is exciting. If he is looking for someone who doesn't know that much about chickens....
hu.gif
I am the person!
thumbsup.gif

Lol.
Hey CarolinaIsland, how did it go last night?

Someone brought a rooster home without hubby knowing about it. Too bad I can't use the laughing smiley guy from my phone :)

My husband threw a fit for about 5 minutes. Called me Farmer Jane, said this wasn't Green Acres blah-blah-blah-blah...Typical Italian mumbo-jumbo hissy fit.

Then he actually saw them and fell in love. It was like a sniveling toddler realizing they actually like the food they were protesting.

Vinny and Mona Lisa Vito spent the remainder of the evening in our laps on hand towels watching the Mets game.

Back
Top Bottom