Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Roberta, Vinny is like a child. He comes in the house, tools around on my son's wheelchair and rides the dog like a cowboy in the rodeo. I am SO fascinated by this little bird!

My mother actually scolded me for posting more photos of my flock than my children.

I don't know whether to feel guilty or proud, lol

Oh my... Carol, that is rotten luck. I would offer to take the Fav (I have always wanted a Fav boy), but I have 4 roosters myself at the moment and that is about 2 more than my flock can handle. I have to keep rotating them through the isolation coop to keep the girls from getting abused. Can you make it until October with them? The sussex show has sales cages. I would think that the auracanas would be easy to get rid of because they are so rare. Are they both rumpless and do they have the little cheek feathers? I will probably be getting a sales cage, you can put them in with mine if you like.
Hey the Yorktown Grange Fair is September 5 - 8, so that's even sooner. I do know they have poultry on exhibit and for sale, just not sure what the rules are. The website is here: http://www.yorktowngrangefair.org/default.html

It's a small fair, but it's the one that started me on this crazy path, so I guess it's big enough, lol.

Sorry you got a basketball team there Carol! Lol hope you can hatch a few girls next spring instead.

School starts tomorrow for us, I am up to my neck in PTA forms already. Joy. I am looking forward to some alone time, such as it is though.

sy6a4ary.jpg

Seriously the sweetest thing ever.

Thanks you guys but Richard wants them gone.im going to see if some one that is getting my friends old coop wants the three Aruacanas .then maybe next spring I can get a female from him. If not ... Well don't ask.
The Arucanas are really hurting my 2 silkie sand my little white bantam. They have to go.

I heard Vinny crowing today. He sounds like a puppy screaming.
With the neighbors pack of Jack Russells, I would say it must be the dogs.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
gig.gif

I heard Vinny crowing today. He sounds like a puppy screaming.
With the neighbors pack of Jack Russells, I would say it must be the dogs.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
gig.gif
He DOES sound, well, not like a Roo. I don't care. I love it. I had him in on his daily house visit and he crowed at me from the fireplace screen (his favorite perch) I absolutely adore this little guy.
6u3upybu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom