Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

To all silkie lovers! I started a thread for all of us who are incubating, brooding and hatching chicks this month and into the New Year. Please join us and share your pictures, comments, questions and knowledge. There will be folks over there who are new to hatching, those who have hatched only a few times and folks who are hatching gurus. Please be supportive, helpful and patient. Good luck and hope to see many pics of Holiday Chicks!
Best wishes,
Tina Gabel

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/841353/silkie-holiday-hatch-a-long

Sure has been quiet in here lately! I hope everyone is doing well. Have a nice holiday!

How have you been?
My son is coming home on Wed. So I have been running around (do I dare say, like a chicken without a head) I know I'm sick.we're going to celebrate early so he can be home with his girlfriend on Christmas.
All my girls are tolerating the cold and the snow. I made them grits the other day. They loved it.
Have a nice holiday.

How have you been?
My son is coming home on Wed. So I have been running around (do I dare say, like a chicken without a head) I know I'm sick.we're going to celebrate early so he can be home with his girlfriend on Christmas.
All my girls are tolerating the cold and the snow. I made them grits the other day. They loved it.
Have a nice holiday.
I am hanging in there. I just had the second MRA (they did chest on friday and abdomen today) to see if I have any other vessel involvement. So, about 500 MRA/MRI slices and 2 hrs in the tube with they contrast running. I am going to rest for a day or so and then tackle the holiday baking. I. must. have. cookies. I also get to taper my prednisone if the tests are negative, so keep you fingers crossed. I have just about every predinsone symptom known, so it will be good to get off this stuff.

I am hanging in there. I just had the second MRA (they did chest on friday and abdomen today) to see if I have any other vessel involvement. So, about 500 MRA/MRI slices and 2 hrs in the tube with they contrast running. I am going to rest for a day or so and then tackle the holiday baking. I. must. have. cookies. I also get to taper my prednisone if the tests are negative, so keep you fingers crossed. I have just about every predinsone symptom known, so it will be good to get off this stuff.
I hope all goes well for you.

Happy holidays! I finished 1200 cookies this weekend and boxed them up and delivered them to family. The house smells great! Now I just need to not eat a couple dozen of them a day.

My MRAs all came back negative, so I am on the way off these terrible meds. Hopefully that artery stays open and I can get on with my life again! Thank you to all of you, your support and encouragement mean a lot.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Christina that is great news.

My son Adam left yesterday to go back to Philadelphia . We celebrated" Merry Solstice ".....it was great having him home. I miss him already.

My girls have really been enjoying this warm weather.yesterday LIPA was behind my house trimming trees, or should I say butchering them and the girls were scared to death. Half of them wouldn't come out of the coop. You would have thought we were being invaded .
Everyone be safe and have a Happy New Year....

Back
Top Bottom