Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Morning All,
I know you are out there. What has happened to us?

Christina how have you been feeling?
Pip how is the "new" place?
Hope everyone had a great summer.
Labor Day weekend has always depressed me. I hate it.

The girls have loved this summer. Still haven't broken the one broodie. I've tried locking her in the tractor with only food and water.... Nothing
I didn't do anything this summer. I really need a vacation , even if it's for 3days.
Has anyone ever gone on one of those river cruises through Europe? I think I might do it next year. I figured if I plan something now then maybe it will happen.
Garden was great . Put in my winter plants awhile back they are looking good.

Everyone stay safe....

They say I will be completed by Thanksgiving... I will be happy if its Christmas!!
Daisy and Buttercup like to REALLY free range. They hop onto the fence and then in the rest of the garden. They are hysterical! I went out yesterday to close them in for the night and they come running to me squawking and wanting to go back in. So I squawk and walk like a chicken and they follow me in. I give them some scratch and they go right into their pen for the night. Thanks for two chickens with personalities Christine.

They say I will be completed by Thanksgiving... I will be happy if its Christmas!!
Daisy and Buttercup like to REALLY free range. They hop onto the fence and then in the rest of the garden. They are hysterical! I went out yesterday to close them in for the night and they come running to me squawking and wanting to go back in. So I squawk and walk like a chicken and they follow me in. I give them some scratch and they go right into their pen for the night. Thanks for two chickens with personalities Christine.
Pip! That is so funny! How are they getting along with the littler ones? Are they laying yet? How is Chewy? How are those patio pumpkins coming along.

Pip! That is so funny! How are they getting along with the littler ones? Are they laying yet? How is Chewy? How are those patio pumpkins coming along. 

My little Serama, Toasty, is the boss. It is sooo funny to watch them. Last week after I let them in from REALLY free ranging, Toasty met them at the gate and jumped and I mean really jumped up to bump her chest into Buttercup's. I wish I had videod it! It was hysterical. Now u know where those basketball players got it from...
No eggs yet from the newbies and Toasty has been moulting and Jelly is brooding. So sporadic eggs.
Chewy has recuperated well.
The windows went in this week. Yeah!
I can see a tiny light at the end of the tunnel...
Hope you are doing better Christine?

Hi All, hope everyone is well and having fun winter prepping. I'm wondering if anyone else is starting to see less egg production. Seems like my girls are really starting early this year and, well, darn it, I'm not ready! :)
Just a note on chicken math, I'm at 20 sweet girls and feel like I definitely need more. Help!

I'm getting less eggs, but in think its because my Cochin goes broody once a month! I put her in jail (dog crate) for a couple days and she's back with the flock, but no eggs. My polish hen dosen't seem to lay very much. It may be because she's last in the pecking order. She's so cute, but the others pick on her so she keeps to herself. Everyone who sees her feels bad that she's all alone. It's like the chicken version of Mean Girls!

Hi everyone, missed you all. Been busy as "head hen" on a Silkie FB group. I'm now also the N.Y.State rep for the ASBC Silkie club. Had some fun selecting and donating junior awards for the upcoming State and District meets. Let me see if I can attach a photo of the awards. I think the winners will enjoy them!

Back
Top Bottom