Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Hi Al,

I haven't been on much in the past months. There used to be a large amount of participants, but that has seemed to ebb over the past couple of years. I had started with six hens from Tractor Supply, and am down to three because of some illness I couldn't figure out that took them one at a time over the course of a few weeks. The remaining three look great, and after this last molt, they are the best they've ever been. Haven't had an egg out of them in about three months. They are going on four years old.

Well, good luck to ya!

Hello to everyone who's still here. Guess most of us have all sorts of stuff going on in our lives and can't be here too often. I do miss the conversations and fun we all had. I still read all the posts. Maybe one day we will get enough newbies back in so we can help with their flocks.

Hope you all had a great Holiday and New Year. We celebrated ours with the birth of our second grandson. We've been uber busy the past couple of weeks with helping out.

Hope to talk wth more if you in the near future.

Anyone want to come pick up my beautiful white hen :( bearded silkie. I'd like her to go to a home with other silkies. I only have her left. My other 2 died. Vet thinks possible poisoning or they are something toxic in my yard. I've had this one separated in my bathroom for about 2 weeks and she seems fine but lonely :(. I think I need to do the right thing and give her up. I'm afraid to put her outside if there's something bad out there :(

She may be show quality? Blue ears, 5 toes. Just started laying last month.

Last edited:
Let me know if no one wants her I'm sure I can find her a home.
I could have sold her this weekend for big bucks. Just need to be sure they all don't have a crazy disease that can be passed on.

On a different note, all of you Lyme disease sufferers, especially Carolyn252. If I don't see you have read this I will email to you.
I have been miserable since getting Lyme back in 2001. Last year it had gotten so bad that I was having anaphylaxis and was considering giving up all of my chickens.
I went to an allergist and was told I am not allergic.

I have been trying to get in with a Dr. well versed in Lyme for 3 years now. Finally after January 1 she takes my insurance.
They have recently found a new factor in Lyme cases transmitted by Lone Star ticks.
I am allergic to red meat.
Yay.

Sorry everyone, without my glasses I posted these pictures to the wrong thread.  I can erase them if anyone wants me to.  Stay safe out there, it's a _hit show!  Roads are awful!

MB

I thought the pics were fabulous. I'm glad you didn't have your glasses on. Do it again!

Anyone want to come pick up my beautiful white hen :( bearded silkie. I'd like her to go to a home with other silkies. I only have her left. My other 2 died. Vet thinks possible poisoning or they are something toxic in my yard. I've had this one separated in my bathroom for about 2 weeks and she seems fine but lonely :(. I think I need to do the right thing and give her up. I'm afraid to put her outside if there's something bad out there :(

She may be show quality? Blue ears, 5 toes. Just started laying last month.

I do pony/petting zoo parties on the weekends and chickens are part of the zoo. Is she friendly? I know my boss would certainly take her and we'd use her at the parties. The silkies are always a big hit.

Back
Top Bottom