Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Mahlzeit, he just turned 8 months old this weekend. It was cold by the time I figured out he was a roo (wasn't supposed to be) and it seemed unkind to try to relocate him during the harsh winter. I raised him from hatching and so wish he was a hen an I could keep him with the others, but my neighbors are very close and now that it is getting warmer I am sure they will be less than thrilled to hear him crowing at the crack of dawn. I really want him to go to a good home since I've had him (and all my others) since hatching. If you are interested send me a private message so we can exchange contact information.

It is sooooo quiet in here lately. Is everyone ok? What is everyone hatching? I know I said I would never do quail again, but I am trying Cots and buttons. Maybe it was just the bobwhites that were so crazy and aggressive. I also have blue brassy back sport OEG and cream legbars going in for the easter hatch. I also won some red golden pheasant eggs that are coming in April!!! I have wanted those for years, wish me luck. AND I have decided to order silver welsh harlequin ducks from Holderread's (not sure if I can get them this season or will have to wait). Now, all I need to to is track down some turkeys.... 

Hi everyone. Haven't been on in a while. On our way back from a Va gettaway. We lost two hens and banty roo to hawk this winter. We had so much snow we kept them in run. Of course the day we let them out-bam! Lost two before snow in mid jan. Then our last one a few weeks ago. Mybeloved GSD, Kaci passed in Nov very suddenly.

Sorry.im a passenger In car and hit pothole. Accidentally hit reply. Anyway I rescued a new GSD mid Jan. Her name is Traci and a doll. She is a retired show dog who is learning how to be a dog and have fun. Planted my peas, spinach and swisschard. Going to start my seeds this week. Started Crossfit training for a Mudarella race I'm doing in may with friends. That takes three nights away. Work is busy but good. Jim is doing great. We are looking for property in Va for retirement. Lots of room for what we want to do. Lol. Getting our new hives painted for the incoming nucs in a few weeks. Lots more happening. To be continued. . .

Sorry to hear that, Irischick! Hawks are surprisingly not a problem here, even though they're everywhere. It's more foxes. I love german shepherds, and I'm glad you're enjoying her. I wish you luck on your property searching, it can be very tedious.

Anyway, hello everyone! I live in Suffolk County(Long Island), and I was hoping to have more friends who like chickens, but are still local. I ADORE chickens, and if money wasn't a problem I think I'd have an acre just filled to the brim with them. But it's such a shame things don't work that way. Though, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get silkies? We have a few chickens now, and Silkies would be a lovely addition. And does anyone know if anyone really follows the chicken laws in Huntington Township? I've been told by many if theres no complaints, no problems! We're thinking of getting a rooster, because the neighbors happen to adore our chickens (Or maybe it's just the free eggs?), and we would love to have baby chicks every Spring.

Sorry.im a passenger In car and hit pothole. Accidentally hit reply. Anyway I rescued a new GSD mid Jan. Her name is Traci and a doll. She is a retired show dog who is learning how to be a dog and have fun. Planted my peas, spinach and swisschard. Going to start my seeds this week. Started Crossfit training for a Mudarella race I'm doing in may with friends. That takes three nights away. Work is busy but good. Jim is doing great. We are looking for property in Va for retirement. Lots of room for what we want to do. Lol. Getting our new hives painted for the incoming nucs in a few weeks. Lots more happening. To be continued. . .
Wow! You are certainly busy this season! Where in VA? We are also looking for property to retire to there as well. We are looking on the eastern shore of the penninsula, but we are just not settled on what we want: beach access, farmland, mountain retreat. It is such a big decision. Now if I could find a tract of farmland at the base of a mountain that is seaside adjacent I will be all set.

Sorry to hear that, Irischick! Hawks are surprisingly not a problem here, even though they're everywhere. It's more foxes. I love german shepherds, and I'm glad you're enjoying her. I wish you luck on your property searching, it can be very tedious.

Anyway, hello everyone! I live in Suffolk County(Long Island), and I was hoping to have more friends who like chickens, but are still local. I ADORE chickens, and if money wasn't a problem I think I'd have an acre just filled to the brim with them. But it's such a shame things don't work that way. Though, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get silkies? We have a few chickens now, and Silkies would be a lovely addition. And does anyone know if anyone really follows the chicken laws in Huntington Township? I've been told by many if theres no complaints, no problems! We're thinking of getting a rooster, because the neighbors happen to adore our chickens (Or maybe it's just the free eggs?), and we would love to have baby chicks every Spring.
Welcome to the thread! There are several silkie folks on here that will probably chime in soon, but the thread has been very quiet these days so it might be a while.

Back
Top Bottom