Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Quote:
I know; but I'm thinking that if there are no actual addresses, no one is vulnerable to being found.

We could just pm each other if we wanted to meet and talk.

Maybe we could eventually set up neighborhood coop tours. If there were to be local newspaper coverage of the tours,
the articles could be sent to other local village boards to help get their municipal codes changed.

And the tours would help encourage local chickenkeeping.
-Carolyn252

Unfortunately, I think big brother is watching, even with PM's. I got an official warning from a moderator about giving prednisone to a fellow member. I could have gotten myself arrested, even though I was not selling it....

Quote:
Well, some locations have already been given in our many posts here, so some members are ok with it. If it's entirely voluntary, then even the stealthy members who are not listed could benefit, by knowing who's local to them for friendship, resources, vet and supply info, etc.

I am SHOCKED AND APPALLED to find that some people are over the Town limit.
lau.gif

I just got a text message from Bobby ("CHICKENS??!!") telling me that Gladys and Agatha are roosting together in the coop. Mr. "You're On Your Own" went and checked on them. He's so cute!

Can't wait to get the babies out there and get the whole "flock" together. My flock, by the way is UNDER the Town limit.
frow.gif

Today, anyway...

my town limit is 6 but since i own 2 pieces of property (backyard joined together) i guess that means i can have 12. they just all sleep in the same house LOL
hubby thinks im nuts but he enjoys thm just as much. he keeps treats in his shed for them so everytime he goes in there many of my girls follow him into the shed.

Quote:
well I do everything organically my yard and my feed, I believe it is genetic and eviromental as I had a hen I was breeding who had a very slight one and I liked her so much I did not care but once and a while she throws a cross beak chick. I keep them, process the roos and find homes for the pullets or keep them and dont breed them. I no longer an breeding the hen either as I am now on her next generation but it can always be thrown as a ressesive gene.

Sometimes I think it can happen as a defect from incubating or just issues during that time. I am sure eviromental factors are a part of it as well.

Quote:
UNDER the town limit are you??? I have 4 black laced wyandotte chicks you can have- they are females and about 3 weeks old
big_smile.png

I am so happy for Gladys, I have a feeling they will both head to the coop together tonight!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom