Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Got a message from my friend telling me her husband had 6 chicks in the downstairs shower. Uh-oh. I think I started something.
roll.png

Went to Home Depot and bought lumber, etc. to start the footing. Now he's talking about 6x8 rather than 6x6. And he wants it 6ft tall rather than 5ft. What did I tell ya...
tongue2.gif

Got some great ideas from coop designs on BYC. Windows for cross ventilation, "spa area" for dust baths, etc.

In the meantime, I'm going to redesign a hanging trio of wire baskets and keep only the bottom one as a swing for the girls. Can't you just see a big fluffy butt swinging in a basket?
gig.gif

I'll share pictures and stories of our progress on the coop. Might serve as evidence in the murder trial.

Thanks. I may take you up on that. I saw a very simple design on the coop thread. 6x6 with an attached run. Bobby keeps telling me if I build something big, the neighbors will report us and then we'll have to get rid of everything. This from the guy who put up a 8x8 shed and then put in electric to it and the coop, I think he just doesn't really want to build it.

And I want it done NOW. Because the girls are too big to be wedged into the space I have now and they're making a racket.

Stormy weather ahead...
rant.gif

But back to hatching eggs. I was thinking of a table at the Stormville Flea Market on April 29. Chickens are sadly underrepresented at that venue. T-shirts (Donna?) Hatching eggs (Roberta?) Eating eggs (everyone?)
Suzanne. Stormville is 10 min from my house. If you guys get a booth let me know. It would be great to put a face to "smkchick"

Back
Top Bottom