Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Well, the babies made it through the night. I went out before I went to bed and they were all piled in a corner behind a feed bag. So I showed them (shoved them) into the "isolation chamber" and they went back to sleep. They're all happily peeping away now.

There is lots of complaining from the big girls, though. Agatha especially. She's the loudest of my hens and she's going on a lot this morning. I threw in a bunch of mealworms, but she's still very cranky. Soup, anyone?
duc.gif

Last edited:
Heather, one of my sons does the Spartan race!
He went to a challenge out in PA yesterday as well with some of his cross fit training group and said it was tougher than the Spartan race. He came in #15 out of 800 . He is a determined German beast.LOLOL A couple of weeks back he did the High Rock here in Staten Island.. Loves these challenges.

You wouldn't know it by looking at me, but I did an ironman back in 2007! Almost qualified for the world championship ironman in Kona! Missed it by 1 minute, 18 seconds. Now, my knees are shot and I am completely overweight and out of shape. UGH!

Had a great time at the show, thanks Heather for the mint and great advice about the sassafras tea. I know we have it my yard because I've talked about trying to do that for years! I have two fairly large sassafras saplings growing up now that we are taking down, do you think those roots could work?

I've been day dreaming about a Buff Cochin pullet I saw at the show. I'm a sucker for any buff colored bird, I find it so soothing and warm to look at. I even called the guy on the way out to see if he'd sell her, she was gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! He said someone offered him $100.00 bucks earlier and he said no. Oh well, so much for that! Been reading up on them and I think their feathered feet may take quite a bit of work to keep clean and nice so maybe it's for the best anyway.

Very nice meeting and seeing you all yesterday!

I'll be working on your chicken nerd tee, so be on the lookout for designs!

Last edited:
Had a GREAT time at the show yesterday & didn't eat the profits. Roberta is a dynamite packer & baker! Unfortunately, I am now more confused as to who everybody is than I was before! ALMOST bought the frizzle serama frizzle in the sale cage. Did good in show with 2 splash Silkies. Congrats to everyone who entered (alot of work regardless of how you do). Didn't buy any birds (felt weird) but did go home with 12 potentials from Stephanie (eggs)! Will put under my broodie Cochin I got from Matt at the Congress. Other Cochin is already incubating 6 silkie eggs. Looking forward to October show!

Had a GREAT time at the show yesterday & didn't eat the profits. Roberta is a dynamite packer & baker! Unfortunately, I am now more confused as to who everybody is than I was before! ALMOST bought the frizzle serama frizzle in the sale cage. Did good in show with 2 splash Silkies. Congrats to everyone who entered (alot of work regardless of how you do). Didn't buy any birds (felt weird) but did go home with 12 potentials from Stephanie (eggs)! Will put under my broodie Cochin I got from Matt at the Congress. Other Cochin is already incubating 6 silkie eggs. Looking forward to October show!

I'm with you about being confused. I'm past that certain age, you know. Let me see if I've got this straight:

smkchick - Suzanne (that one was easy)
stoopid - Roberta
howlinggood - Donna
dirtydozen - Vera
imprfctme - Heather
lichick - Jeanett
glasshen - Christine
queenchick - Carol
highpointfarm - Caleb (that one was easy too)

Now I'm completely lost. Somebody help me!

Here's the update on the flock integration: The big girls have finally SHUT UP! The little girls are keeping to the coop and their little corner. I don't see any bullying going on - everyone's just minding their own business.

That's another part of adding more chickens that I need to keep in mind - how hard it is to integrate new birds into the existing flock. I like things easy. Once I get my perfect flock (including an Exchequer Leghorn and a Coronation Sussex), I'm just going to leave it alone and enjoy it.

And Agatha is heading for the soup pot!! She's taken over for Wanda as the brat du jour.

Ok, This is my favorite song of all time... Watch before you read the rest of the post

Ok now could you imagine hundreds of chicken lovers singing this song...
gig.gif
it will be the new chicken anthem xD Oh GOD I am addicted LOL

Back
Top Bottom