Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Well I sent a pm to Roberta before but she must have already left.I sent her my phone #.then I went down to the E Islip PO to see if they could contact the Rego Park PO and let me pay to overnight.so shewouldn't have to go get them.Well the postmaster did nothing more then PO me ..Gave me a big song and dance that she won't be able to get them.He did not want to help me out at all. Everyone else at that PO is so nice. Hopefully things work out for the chicks.I know we have postal people on here and I love you to death. This guy just bugged me.I should have called my sister,she's a post master upstate. I crack myself up postal people on here;do you think?...
I love the folks at my local PO. That being said, my BIL is a postal worker,(Nassau county) and I don't know how anyone works with him. Nobody can stand him-he's just a big jerk.
gig.gif
My husband says MY gene pool is polluted, but mention HIS brother, and he shuts right up.
lau.gif

I can't believe someone would just abandon a bunch of chicks at a PO like that. I feel bad for them-especially if they're hungry!
sad.png
Poor little guys.

I love the folks at my local PO. That being said, my BIL is a postal worker,(Nassau county) and I don't know how anyone works with him. Nobody can stand him-he's just a big jerk.
gig.gif
My husband says MY gene pool is polluted, but mention HIS brother, and he shuts right up.
lau.gif

I can't believe someone would just abandon a bunch of chicks at a PO like that. I feel bad for them-especially if they're hungry!
sad.png
Poor little guys.
Who would order 25 roos and THEN abandon them?

Got home about 3:30, been running around ever since.
EVERYONE thanks for the help...
They are resting in my bathroom.
I have to go out to a b'day dinner tonite, so must get off the computer.
If anyone wants a few, please let me know.

You guys brought tears to my eyes. Thank you all so much! He wound up remembering that I had been having some issues so he waited until it really started looking bad then ran home-about 2 miles, which thank goodness he's a track runner-he did it with no problems.
It's definitely the alternator-my first car had the same problems, and I used to let it cool for awhile then it would start. The truck JUST started, but the idling is so low, I'm just going to drop it tonight so I don't have to worry. (Danny will follow me there-just in case!)
I wish I could go get those babies, even if Danny was working anywhere in the area, he'd go-but he's in Rockville Center doing side work today. Did someone order them, then leave them? Roberta, if you happen to get them, I have a half a 50lb bag of feed I can give you for them. I have no room for all the feed and I just got another bag I had ordered, but it came in before the other one was gone. How old are they? I can do a week long foster if we all pitch in a week at a time?

OH, and Roberta-you're going to Land and Sea tonight? My daughter is working!! I'll tell her to look out for you!

Rosie, when my brother was about 9 or 10 years old, he got separated from my sister at GRAND CENTRAL STATION when they were heading to meet my Dad. My other sister and I were working in NYC at the time, so we met the police at GCS to look for him while my father took my little sister back to his apartment to wait.. Panic city!! But he knew that the streets were in order and so he started walking. Showed up at my Dad's place on the Upper West Side after an hour or so, completely fine. Yikes. I'll never forget that phone call at work!

I'm an upstate New York stalker to this thread, just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the storm heading your way! It was pretty severe up here along the NY/PA border, with a tornado ripping part of a mall roof off in Elmira, NY. It swung south of my location in Central NY. Stay safe!

1 hour untill storm hits... town next to us now has a tornado WARNING not watch in effect xD this is going to be epic =]
I've had the boys closing up the camper nice and tight, I have lanterns candles and what have you for lighting. I also have enough food for a week of no electricity. Hopefully I won't have to use it. The governor issued a state of emergency including Suffolk with possible tornados too. If there's electricity to lose I'll lose it! Be safe, Caleb!

Back
Top Bottom