Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Only 2 of my 6 laying girls squat when I approach them, and another only occasionally. Agatha doesn't squat, but sings up a storm for the smallest eggs of the bunch!

Re: rats. I have the food locked up, so it's just what's accessible to the girls that the rats are getting to. And they are burrowing into certain areas. Gonna plug up the holes tomorrow and throw some more blocks under the coop.

OK, I need a yarn intervention! I got some bad news on the job front (not unexpected) and to compensate - yeah, I know - I went to Michael's and pretty much cleaned out their clearance bin. Not that it wasn't a great deal and everything (.99 each and 15% off total) but, seriously, do I need more yarn? And where am I going to put it all?

The sari silk yarn came today and it is GORGEOUS! Can't wait to try working with it.

Forget AA. Forget CA. I need YA.

Only 2 of my 6 laying girls squat when I approach them, and another only occasionally. Agatha doesn't squat, but sings up a storm for the smallest eggs of the bunch!
Wow. Ok, then. I think that I should maybe confine my two buff Orpington pullets, each 5 months old) to the small wood and wire henhouse for a week or so and see if I find any eggs in there. I haven't seen them squat, but one of them was singing the eggsong while hidden from me in the shrubbery, so maybe they've started laying.

Thanks for your reply.

Wow. Ok, then. I think that I should maybe confine my two buff Orpington pullets, each 5 months old) to the small wood and wire henhouse for a week or so and see if I find any eggs in there. I haven't seen them squat, but one of them was singing the eggsong while hidden from me in the shrubbery, so maybe they've started laying.

Thanks for your reply.
i posted on the thread! =]

Re: rats. I have the food locked up, so it's just what's accessible to the girls that the rats are getting to. And they are burrowing into certain areas. Gonna plug up the holes tomorrow and throw some more blocks under the coop.

OK, I need a yarn intervention! I got some bad news on the job front (not unexpected) and to compensate - yeah, I know - I went to Michael's and pretty much cleaned out their clearance bin. Not that it wasn't a great deal and everything (.99 each and 15% off total) but, seriously, do I need more yarn? And where am I going to put it all?

The sari silk yarn came today and it is GORGEOUS! Can't wait to try working with it.

Forget AA. Forget CA. I need YA.
yuckyuck.gif

Well..... the birds after they begin squatting and laying don't seem to always squat later on in my experience.lol

I am no helpat all with textile interventions...sorry.

Back
Top Bottom