Southern VA: FS hens, broodies, silkies, sizzles, frizzles

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lisabug, Jun 19, 2009.

1. lisabug

lisabug Songster

Feb 18, 2008
    Portersville, PA
    We are OVERRUN with chickens and are neighbors are starting to complaing so are desperately trying to downsize our flock. We had WAY too many little ones this year. (PICTURES ON PAGE 2)

4 Barred Rock Hens (laying this month)

8 Rhode Island Red Hens + a rooster (laying this month)-

8 Golden Comet Hens (laying next month)-

mixed breeds: these tend to make great broody hens for us!! They are why we have too many babies!

a bunch of sizzles, frizzles, silkies (all bantam). All between 3-8 weeks. Straight run (still too young to tell). -

a dark grey silkie rooster-

6 pigeons...

Please make a reasonable offer for any of these birds (I have set prices on Craiglist and in the paper but thought I would give backyardchicken people a chance at a good deal). I will NOT ship but do travel to Northern VA and the Pittsburgh area (via West Virginia) fairly regularly- so meeting up might be an option! Pictures available on request!!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  2. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Jan 28, 2009
    (south West) Virginia
    Hello, what part of southern VA are you, I may be interested in the young silkies and frizzles, Also A guy I work with is looking for layin hens

3. lisabug

lisabug Songster

Feb 18, 2008
    Portersville, PA
    I live near Danville,VA (Blairs to be exact). Which is about an hour from Roanoke, South Boston, Martinsville, and Lynchburg:)

I am a teacher so my husband and I are available just about anytime for you to come look at pick out critters:)

4. pamperedpoultry

Jan 28, 2009
    (south West) Virginia
    Just quessing I think your about 3-4 hrs from me. I'll do a mapquest real quick and see

5. pamperedpoultry

Jan 28, 2009
    (south West) Virginia
    Yep I was almost right 3hrs and 8 mins to Danville from me. What are you asking or would like to get for them I may could talk the DH into a road trip

6. lisabug

lisabug Songster

Feb 18, 2008
    Portersville, PA
    For the little silkie/frizzle/sizzles.....I was thinking $3.00 each. They are still small. I can tell which ones are gonna be frizzles...but I can't tell what is a silkie and what is a sizzle. They are all from silkie mom's and either have the frizzle dad or one of the 2 silkie dads that are in the pen. The sizzles are cute though....kinda resemble a cochin. I have some pictures I can email to you but can't figure out how to get them up here:) If you want a bunch we can work out a deal too. I just gotta run it by my hubby.

I will just give you my big silkie roo if you get some others:) I just have 3 roos in one pen and the hens don't like it!

For laying hens....they seem to go for right around $10 bucks each.....

7. pamperedpoultry

Jan 28, 2009
    (south West) Virginia
    we'll talk it over and see if we have the extra space and if he's up for the drive, and let you know. Also what color silkies, guess I should of asked that first

8. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Pampered...if you go, would you pick me up some? I would love to contribute gas money as a 'shipping fee'...

Hmmmm?

9. lisabug

lisabug Songster

Feb 18, 2008
    Portersville, PA
    Grey or Splash....I am working on trying to upload images!

10. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Pampered....I would be interested in the silkie as opposed to the sizzle...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: