Southern VA: FS hens, broodies, silkies, sizzles, frizzles

lisabug

Songster
11 Years
Feb 18, 2008
Portersville, PA
We are OVERRUN with chickens and are neighbors are starting to complaing so are desperately trying to downsize our flock. We had WAY too many little ones this year. (PICTURES ON PAGE 2)

4 Barred Rock Hens (laying this month)

8 Rhode Island Red Hens + a rooster (laying this month)-

8 Golden Comet Hens (laying next month)-

mixed breeds: these tend to make great broody hens for us!! They are why we have too many babies!

a bunch of sizzles, frizzles, silkies (all bantam). All between 3-8 weeks. Straight run (still too young to tell). -

a dark grey silkie rooster-

6 pigeons...

Please make a reasonable offer for any of these birds (I have set prices on Craiglist and in the paper but thought I would give backyardchicken people a chance at a good deal). I will NOT ship but do travel to Northern VA and the Pittsburgh area (via West Virginia) fairly regularly- so meeting up might be an option! Pictures available on request!!

Last edited:
I live near Danville,VA (Blairs to be exact). Which is about an hour from Roanoke, South Boston, Martinsville, and Lynchburg:)

I am a teacher so my husband and I are available just about anytime for you to come look at pick out critters:)

For the little silkie/frizzle/sizzles.....I was thinking $3.00 each. They are still small. I can tell which ones are gonna be frizzles...but I can't tell what is a silkie and what is a sizzle. They are all from silkie mom's and either have the frizzle dad or one of the 2 silkie dads that are in the pen. The sizzles are cute though....kinda resemble a cochin. I have some pictures I can email to you but can't figure out how to get them up here:) If you want a bunch we can work out a deal too. I just gotta run it by my hubby.

I will just give you my big silkie roo if you get some others:) I just have 3 roos in one pen and the hens don't like it!

For laying hens....they seem to go for right around $10 bucks each.....

Back
Top Bottom