Southwest Ohio

Quote:
I dont know, for some reason i seem to play with him more and get along with him better than the chicks we hatched out our selves. There is just something about him that is diff than my other chickens.

Well, I guess that's why Seramas are taking the poultry world by storm. It's their personalities and dispositions. They are "people chickens," more like puppies than chickens.
love.gif

They're worse then Silkies.
th.gif

Hey Jess...do you milk your Nubian goats? I'm trying my hand at making cheese and would love to make feta, but I need goats milk. I'm about an hour south of you in Upper Sandusky. Can you help?

Quote:
Oh wow, I'd love to keep up on this one. Feta, yum................and I plan to have a couple of nannies eventually after I get settled at my new place.

Quote:
She's getting along well! I bought her an old yoga mat at a rummage sale for a dollar, and she clumps around on that. I need to keep her penned, though, as she can't get away from the Unrulies. Cannonball is always at her side, which is just as well. His mate abandonded him for my bantam Cochin, Artie, and then went Ninja Broody on everyone! It's like Gossip Girl, chicken style around here!
31816_img_0630.jpg

Here is the cockerel I'm selling in my BST thread!
31816_img_0619.jpg

The comb isn't dubbed, just floppy, for now. Anyone ever splint one up? I'm thinking of molding warm wax over it. I play with it regularly, and it is starting to come up.

Last edited:
hey Liz,
When you get babies from that one pen that had that awsome color roo that me and Becky
loved let me know!!
He was sooooooo purtty!!

Quote:
I dont know, for some reason i seem to play with him more and get along with him better than the chicks we hatched out our selves. There is just something about him that is diff than my other chickens.

Well, I guess that's why Seramas are taking the poultry world by storm. It's their personalities and dispositions. They are "people chickens," more like puppies than chickens.
love.gif

th.gif

He is worse than a silkie, lol. He went nuts peeping when i got home today. Right now his nickname is gonna be Sir Peeps A Lot
lau.gif
Its the kind of peeping my other chicks did when i took one from the cage, he likes come play with me momma, lol. He hops out onto the cage door when i open it and if i stick my hand through the bars he jumps onto my hand. Hes a silly boy.

Quote:
love.gif

th.gif

He is worse than a silkie, lol. He went nuts peeping when i got home today. Right now his nickname is gonna be Sir Peeps A Lot
lau.gif
Its the kind of peeping my other chicks did when i took one from the cage, he likes come play with me momma, lol. He hops out onto the cage door when i open it and if i stick my hand through the bars he jumps onto my hand. Hes a silly boy.

Yes I did spoil him rotten
tongue.png
All of mine pace at the doors waiting for attention, and if they hear me walk by or get up in the night they start making all kinds of noise wanting let out! I have to sneak by them so I don't wake them up
hide.gif

Quote:
I got three of them already! In the older hatch, Midas's egg had pipped before I went to work, and there were two chicks in the incubator when I got home. So, one on them is from the "autumn" pen, and one of them is a silver duckwing offspring. The cockerel, in the front, is a really interesting black and white, and the pullet, in back, is a mossy caramel color, but I don't know which one is Midas'.
31816_gold_n_nelly.jpg

I also got two of them on the 25th of April. The other one is the silver duckwing baby, hatched the week before. I just realized this, actually, from looking at my records. I need to mark them before they become indistinguishable!
31816_gold_chicks.jpg

If you are going to the Greenville show, I can bring a couple. I'll PM you with updated pictures when it gets closer. I'll be bringing the red-headed hen, Lily, to be judged.

Last edited:
I will be at the Greenville show!!!!!! The Troy swap is the same day too so I gotta figure out how to get to both!
Forgot to ask, is there any way to sex serama chicks???

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom