Southwest Ohio

Hello All!
Not SW Ohio - but central but thought i would say hello! I have Delawares - just hens for now and am feverishly on the lookout for a nice Speckled Sussex Hen - going to nationals in hopes of finding one. Nice to meet you all!

Quote:
Nice to meet you.
Love your handle!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I agree with Mandy (Cochin Coop). The first and last pics are an OEGBantam hen and the two middle pics are a Golden Seabright hen. They look just like some of my first birds and they were so sweet.
Nancy

Quote:
Nice to meet you.
Love your handle!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks so much! What kind of chickens are being raised out there in wilmington?!

Well..........my main focus is Cochins and d'Uccle, but I have a small flock of feather shanked Cuckoo Marans. They're young, this years chicks, but they are laying already. I'm a little disappointed in their eggs. They're only about 4 or 5 on the color scale, but at least it's good enough to qualify them as Marans. I have Blue, Black and of course the occasional Splash, Birchen and Partridge Cochins. My d'Uccle are Mille Fleur, Lavender and Porcelain.
Clearly, my heart belongs to the bantams.
love.gif

Good luck at the National, be sure and get there early so you don't miss out on your Speckled Sussex. If there's one there, you'll miss her if you don't get there before the wheelin' and dealin' starts.

I just wanted to let anyone that may be interested know that I will have a few free blr cochin project cockerels in a couple weeks once I know the sex and color. I have 12 hatching and I know there will be more than a couple cockerels. If no one wants them they will be culled because I can not keep them all in the house all winter. PM me if you would like one or more, thanks

Hi all,

I am just outside Cincinnati and new to chickens. We will be looking to get our first chicks in the spring. I will have to check in here to see who is selling locally
smile.png

-Tiffany

Back
Top Bottom