1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Space Cadet Moments (please share yours as well)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FrenchHen, May 16, 2009.

1. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    So today we're outside because it's finally gorgeous on a weekend here in Western Oregon.
    I'm at the back of the property and I see feathers. I think to myself "Something has killed a chicken!"
    This immediately doesn't tally with reality...none of mine are missing.

Oh wait. That's where husband processed meat birds last month.

2. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I was walking around my dog yard doing "poop patrol" and KNEW there was some poop somewhere that I had missed because I smelled it. I was looking and looking.
    Then I realized that there was all the poop I had just picked up sitting in the scoop I was walking around with. [​IMG]

3. cstacatto

cstacatto Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2009
    Lakewood
    LOL Chooks...

Not me but funny none the less.

So today i was yardsaleing, selling some chicks, and this woman came up.....now mind you 5 day old BR hens. She goes ohhh how cute, Now i left an egg in there so people can see what kind of egg they lay. The woman goes wow they laid that egg today.....i said yeah they all teamed up and made it together...[​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have a few blond cells in my brain. DH was showing me funny pics and one was of a solar flashlight. I didn;t get it. [​IMG]

5. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    Quote:LOL, I would have checked my boots before checking the scoop, but that's just me. When I smell poo, that means I need to check my boots. [​IMG]

6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    This is a good one from today. I was at the fair and planned to buy a astralorp. well she was $25. so I had $15 and my mom was putting out the rest. I saw she gave him a $20 bill and I said "wait!" I gave him $15. My mom pulled out my $10 bill and I looked away. [​IMG]

7. Im4Eggcellence

Im4Eggcellence Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    NW Washington State
    Once upon a time I spent 10 minutes looking for a certain pair of tennis shoes - couldn't find them anywhere. Fortunately the wife found them for me.... they were already on my feet! [​IMG]

8. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    At school on Friday, I was walking around looking for my purse. I was carrying it. My students thought it was a hoot! I do that with my glasses too. I will look everywhere and they are on my head. Oh and my keys... you guessed it. In my hand.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by