Sparky's all grown up...new pics!

Quote:
Thanks, Squeaky. Since Sparky is such a sweetie, I will be keeping her in the house until spring. I've got 4 pure silkies, but they're in a coop with other bantams. I would be very scared of putting my silkies with any standard size breeds. I don't think they'd do very well standing up for themselves.

Does anyone else have a chicken who loves water?

A couple of weeks ago, I gave Sparky her first bath. And it was my first time ever giving a chicken a bath...I NEVER could've imagined myself giving a chicken a bath.
gig.gif

Well after that bath, Sparky developed a love of the water. I cannot stop her from attempting to bathe herself in her waterer! How she manages to soak her head...I have no idea!
hu.gif
Her waterer is one of those metal bases that screws onto a mason jar. But somehow, she manages to get soaked! And she clucks and purrs the whole time, so I know what she's doing whenever I hear her.
lau.gif

Here she is after one of her bathing sessions:

13587_sparky_taking_a_bathjanuary_2_2009_001.jpg

13587_sparky_taking_a_bathjanuary_2_2009_002.jpg

ha ha!!!! like there isn't a floating brooder somewhere around the zoo here?!?!

she looks pretty big, hope i don't need extra fabric!
lau.gif

cheese wagon just pulled up....

Sparky is on vacation from her motherly duties. All 18 of "her" youngsters have been moved out to the garage, but I kept Sparky in the house. We love her so much that I just couldn't bear the thought of putting her outside. She's super quiet and just so darn loveable! Miss_Jayne is going to make a diaper for her so maybe we can let her out of her "brooder" to play. She's in a 2'x2'x6' enclosure in my office, so she's got a nice little "crib". She doesn't seem to miss the others at all...actually, I think they were wearing her out!

Back
Top Bottom