Sparky's all grown up...new pics!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by shelleyb1969, Dec 15, 2008.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I just wanted to post some new pics of Sparky. I'm not completely sure of Sparky's gender, but since she's acting soooo "henish", I'm going to refer to her as such.

It's been a while since I posted any pics of her, and she's growing up fast! And starting to look just beautiful with her feathering. [​IMG] She's turning out to have the silkie feathering, not frizzled, and she is black in color.

She's absolutely the sweetest chick I've ever had, and is still playing foster mom to 15 Delaware, 2 Black Australorp, a 1 black Sex Link chicks! That's quite a responsibility for an 8 week old Sizzle! [​IMG]

Hope you enjoy the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    You know, I want one of those cuties! She's adorable!

3. blazinchicken

blazinchicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2008
    South East, Tennessee
    She sure has changed since I saw her in October. But Aunty Janie still luvs her. She is gorgeous.

4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    She is darn near the prettiest thing I've seen! Shh! Don't tell any of mine!

5. shelleyb1969

Quote:If you want a "lap chicken", then get you a silkie or a sizzle. Sparky looks identical to my black silkie hen, as far as feathering and such. And the silkie personality is just toooooo darn loveable. They actually want to be held and cuddled! I have almost decided that Sparky will be staying in my office for the duration of winter. I just don't think I could be without her in my office!

6. shelleyb1969

Quote:Both Sparky and I miss you, sis!

Can you believe how pretty she's getting...I am so proud of her! I'm loving the silkie breed more and more every day. Sparky's just a combo of my two favorite breeds, so she's perfect for me! I've got the bantam cochins now...1 of which is frizzled, and I've got silkies, so I think I'm gonna give the sizzle breeding a try! I couldn't possibly get anything but cuteness out of it!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  7. blazinchicken

blazinchicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2008
    South East, Tennessee
    I miss you guys too. She is so cute...just makes you wanna snuggle with her....

8. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    That is one gorgeous girl!!! I'm sooo jealous!! Could you post some pics of her mothering the chicks?

Ellen

9. shelleyb1969

Here's a couple of pics of Sparky with her little ones! [​IMG]

Sparky is teaching them the proper way to dust bathe.
    [​IMG]

And here, Sparky's taking a head count to make sure everyone is present for today's lesson! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Hi,
    confused, what is she? silkie or sizzle?
    Parents were?
    Thanks,
    Angela

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by