Sparky's all grown up...new pics!

shelleyb1969

Star Bright Farm
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Brown City, Michigan (Thumb)
I just wanted to post some new pics of Sparky. I'm not completely sure of Sparky's gender, but since she's acting soooo "henish", I'm going to refer to her as such.

It's been a while since I posted any pics of her, and she's growing up fast! And starting to look just beautiful with her feathering.
love.gif
She's turning out to have the silkie feathering, not frizzled, and she is black in color.

She's absolutely the sweetest chick I've ever had, and is still playing foster mom to 15 Delaware, 2 Black Australorp, a 1 black Sex Link chicks! That's quite a responsibility for an 8 week old Sizzle!
lau.gif

Hope you enjoy the pics!

13587_sparkydecember_15_2008_001.jpg

13587_sparkydecember_15_2008_002.jpg

URL][

Last edited:
Quote:
If you want a "lap chicken", then get you a silkie or a sizzle. Sparky looks identical to my black silkie hen, as far as feathering and such. And the silkie personality is just toooooo darn loveable. They actually want to be held and cuddled! I have almost decided that Sparky will be staying in my office for the duration of winter. I just don't think I could be without her in my office!

Quote:
Both Sparky and I miss you, sis!

Can you believe how pretty she's getting...I am so proud of her! I'm loving the silkie breed more and more every day. Sparky's just a combo of my two favorite breeds, so she's perfect for me! I've got the bantam cochins now...1 of which is frizzled, and I've got silkies, so I think I'm gonna give the sizzle breeding a try! I couldn't possibly get anything but cuteness out of it!

Last edited:
Here's a couple of pics of Sparky with her little ones!
wink.png

Sparky is teaching them the proper way to dust bathe.
13587_delawares3_days_old_011.jpg

And here, Sparky's taking a head count to make sure everyone is present for today's lesson!
lau.gif

13587_delawares3_days_old_004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom